My hybrid build w/ rims

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tovelo

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all I would like to say thank you for pushing me to build an electric brewhouse. I had originally started as a brutus build but because of all of you I decided to include electric as my main source and propane to get up to temperature faster so I can brew back to back in a shorter time as I have a family and other obligations. I will post more pictures of my build but here is where I am now.

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

I have been lurking for a year learning all I could without asking any questions. I feel lurking is my way of doing research without asking questions that have been asked too many times before. I haven't posted until now because I wanted to prove to myself that I could build this system and I didn't want to bug any of you with stupid questions. I have searched and searched through P_J schematics and haven't been able to find what I want. The closest one was recently posted with 2 5500 watt heating elements. I want to be able to do back to back brewing with 3 Auberins SYL-2352 PID's and 3 Auberins timers to control multiple hop additions and mashing at the same time. I have propane burners under the HLT & BK to help get then up to temperature faster to also reduce my time. I have installed 40 amp SSr's to heat sinks and have a 30 & 2- 40 FLA 2 pole definite purpose contactors. I have a 5500 watt 220V heating element in the HLT & BK and a 1200 watt 120V. I have alarms on the timers with shut-offs. I have the ability to get all the power I need to run this but I need help with the schematics. This is where i need you help. I also want to be able to upscale this to 100 gallon batches in the future. P_J I have been amazed with your ability to help everyone and don't expect you to not be rewarded. I would appreciate your help if you are willing and would like to talk to you about how you could be compensated for your hard effort.

Thank you pie-man, I have learned something I consider very profound about myself during this build, I don't like to compromise. If I decide to do something I will do it all the way or wait until I can go all in. I use to think it was only about my cycling in the past that was that way but I can now see that if I am going to do something I do my research and attack it head on with a no compromise attitude.

I found that control panel on eBay, it's huge, heavy, used and shiny. It might be a little hard to see through but at least I won't have any issues finding room to wire it up.

I'd say if you have a question, by all means ask. It's good forum etiquette to research the topic first, but if you can't find an answer, I'd ask. The question will not only help you, but it could help others in a similar situation. I'd try answer your question, but I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm a pretty low tech brewer myself.

I also need help with another control panel that would run a 5500 watt heating element with a emergency off, temp alarm, and off switch but no pumps or anything else. I would greatly appreciate any help in wiring schematics as I don't have that ability.

I wish someone would have talked about the costs associated with building a pico brewery. I can't believe I would have gone down the path I did knowing what I know now. I would like to think I would have made some compromises along the way. I don't know maybe I would have, but just the decision to use tri-clamps and remove as many threaded connections as I could added about $1200 to the already expensive project. I guess it all started with the first decision to use stainless tubing. I think I should have added up all the costs first and then started, but I was too excited to get started and just jumped rite in.

Back