Help me help you!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahaley

Reaction score
Ill start off with a hook, what I'm asking and offering is FREE! (it will not be super pro) I want to learn how to write in all sorts of calligraphy, and get better and drawing too, this is where you guys come in! Send me a reply of your logo and brewery name, and I can do a few things.
1. Draw it as closely as I can.
2. Change the things you guys want to add/remove.
3. Draw it based off of raw information you provide me ( no picture of your stuff included it you don't have one )
4. Change the text into some calligraphy that if you had in mind you choose, or I can use the 2 types I have.

Or if you don't have a logo, brewery name or anything tell me what you want incorporated and I can do my best! It doesn't have to be an existing brewery, it can be all fake information, or if you have a name you're working on, or anything, whenever I draw things for a company I'd want to make I always use my last name and whatever it is. So as a brew house I'd have "Haley's brewery" as my hopefully one day brewery.

image-4221237132.jpg

This was really like the first time I looked at hops so I have lots of room for improvement!

I'll bite, I'm currently toying with the name Alacrity brewing, with the motto "Good People, Better Beer".

No ideas on what to incorporate, except a sun as the word Alacrity means brisk and cheerful readiness, eager, etc which I associate with sort of a sunny disposition.

If this is too open ended let me know :)

rifraf said:
I'll bite, I'm currently toying with the name Alacrity brewing, with the motto "Good People, Better Beer".

No ideas on what to incorporate, except a sun as the word Alacrity means brisk and cheerful readiness, eager, etc which I associate with sort of a sunny disposition.

If this is too open ended let me know :)

I'll see what I can do! Did you want your motto in a banner? Would you want the sun to be the center of the label also? I'll start looking up some different sun styles and see if I can get one to match your description. Hopefully it won't be too long

Sweet man thanks. I sort of pictured the sun behind the logo, and I like the idea of the motto on a banner!

rifraf said:
Sweet man thanks. I sort of pictured the sun behind the logo, and I like the idea of the motto on a banner!

No problem, so you want your logo to eclipse the sun so to speak? Do you want it to be a black out sun or a bright yellow glow behind the logo?

Sacha BrewCo.
I envision a simple "stencilled look" of the logo. The words could be above, below, or incorporated into the logo.
As for what the content of the logo would be... I'm open for suggestions. Could be a keg, mug, stein, pint glass, hops... Something that you would look at and think "Beer."

Stencilled look example:
Gandhi_Stencil_by_brianjzug.jpg

or
nike_stencil_by_ARTpulse.png

Have fun!

ahaley said:
No problem, so you want your logo to eclipse the sun so to speak? Do you want it to be a black out sun or a bright yellow glow behind the logo?

Sounds about right, and bright yellow glow. Thanks again dude!

rifraf said:
Sounds about right, and bright yellow glow. Thanks again dude!

No problem! As of right now it'll be black and white, because I'm away from my computer with family I'll be back home in a few days

image-2122318180.jpg

Heres your brew name, and followed by 2 different banners / scroll designs. And the guy with glasses was a quick placement to see how it looks here.

image-3279176448.jpg

I hope you like some of these quick sketches!

Attachments

• image-1410097563.jpg
    image-1410097563.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 289
Getzinator said:
Sacha BrewCo.
I envision a simple "stencilled look" of the logo. The words could be above, below, or incorporated into the logo.
As for what the content of the logo would be... I'm open for suggestions. Could be a keg, mug, stein, pint glass, hops... Something that you would look at and think "Beer."

Stencilled look example:

or

Have fun!

Alright I'll see what I can do! I'll have to try the stenciled look once I get home all I have are 2 black markers, did you have a color scheme yet?

That's awesome! Love the layout/design of the middle picture and the font of the first/third!

rifraf said:
That's awesome! Love the layout/design of the middle picture and the font of the first/third!

Thanks, and the font in the 2nd was a quick look to see how I would lay out.
Do you like the sun here it is? Did you want more colors than just the sun? Maybe make the label look like its on old parchment style paper? Really grainy and full of textures?

ahaley said:
Thanks, and the font in the 2nd was a quick look to see how I would lay out.
Do you like the sun here it is? Did you want more colors than just the sun? Maybe make the label look like its on old parchment style paper? Really grainy and full of textures?

I like the old paper style as it would go with the font well. I think I'd like the behind everything. As far as color, just the sun would be fine I think.

rifraf said:
I like the old paper style as it would go with the font well. I think I'd like the behind everything. As far as color, just the sun would be fine I think.

Sounds good, my wife and I are actually interested in making some paper for fun, and it looks like old paper almost! How does a glow - fade sound to you? Bottom right is the sun until top left it fades from yellow to white?

ahaley said:
Sounds good, my wife and I are actually interested in making some paper for fun, and it looks like old paper almost! How does a glow - fade sound to you? Bottom right is the sun until top left it fades from yellow to white?

Sounds good to me!

Getzinator said:
Sacha BrewCo.

Stencilled look example:

or

Have fun!

I am a banana!

Here is a quick look at the calligraphy for Sacha brewco, and for the stein it would look better obviously once I have more than a few minutes

image-3739344301.jpg

It looks like a close up of the text won't load... But I can fix the letter spacing an make it less sloppy and same for the stein

Attachments

• image-1368535427.jpg
    image-1368535427.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 130
rifraf said:
Lower left would probably be my favorite.

Ok, once I get my computer I'll start to make it look better. In the 2nd picture do you like how the banner is on top and bottom? Or do you prefer one bigger banner

ahaley said:
Ok, once I get my computer I'll start to make it look better. In the 2nd picture do you like how the banner is on top and bottom? Or do you prefer one bigger banner

I like how it's top and bottom, makes it feel like it's a light and breezy...exactly what I'm going for!

I am a banana!

Here is a quick look at the calligraphy for Sacha brewco, and for the stein it would look better obviously once I have more than a few minutes

View attachment 69522

It looks like a close up of the text won't load... But I can fix the letter spacing an make it less sloppy and same for the stein

That writing looks awesome!
And for the previous question: no color scheme in mind yet. I was thinking just super simple to actually imitate a stencil. Solid colored so that it could have a color change to adapt to its background.

Getzinator said:
That writing looks awesome!
And for the previous question: no color scheme in mind yet. I was thinking just super simple to actually imitate a stencil. Solid colored so that it could have a color change to adapt to its background.

Alright, for now I'll stick with black and white and work on the stencil.

rifraf said:
I like how it's top and bottom, makes it feel like it's a light and breezy...exactly what I'm going for!

Sounds good I will start to work on a final draft pretty soon

I'll bite aswell
GSG brewing, slighty sinister style as my beer name are like "Hidden Stash" & Devils Sidekick"
No logo yet bu You get the idea

OhCrap said:
I'll bite aswell
GSG brewing, slighty sinister style as my beer name are like "Hidden Stash" & Devils Sidekick"
No logo yet bu You get the idea

Got it, if you want a different font I can look for a more "sinister" form of calligraphy. I'll get started once I get an idea!

I love that you are doing this! What a cool thing to offer our little island of misft toys. :)

I was toying with the idea of "Bedlam Brewery" and a Viking mascot (a ship or a warrior?) and a motto of "Home of the Beserker Ale"

Bedlam said:
I love that you are doing this! What a cool thing to offer our little island of misft toys. :)

I was toying with the idea of "Bedlam Brewery" and a Viking mascot (a ship or a warrior?) and a motto of "Home of the Beserker Ale"

Well I like to help, and I've always wanted to learn calligraphy so this also helps me :) I've got a book coming in hopefully tomorrow that says it has a lot of styles.

Now for yours, I will be upfront I am horrible at drawing people , I can do my best but for your berserker ale, did you have anything in particular, in aspect of Viking? Did you want him to look super barbaric and scary, like he's about to hit something / someone with a weapon?

Ill bite, this is sweet! My brewery is called "'The Canning Room Brewery" I don't have a logo or anything fancy, just the name :) Id love to see what you can do!

Well I like to help, and I've always wanted to learn calligraphy so this also helps me :) I've got a book coming in hopefully tomorrow that says it has a lot of styles.

Now for yours, I will be upfront I am horrible at drawing people , I can do my best but for your berserker ale, did you have anything in particular, in aspect of Viking? Did you want him to look super barbaric and scary, like he's about to hit something / someone with a weapon?

It doesn't have to be a person. Could just be a helmet and battle axe or somesuch. I'm not picky...go ahead and use some artistic license!

Bedlam said:
It doesn't have to be a person. Could just be a helmet and battle axe or somesuch. I'm not picky...go ahead and use some artistic license!

Tracking. I'll see what I can muster up! If I'm not reloading ammo today I'll be working on these designs.

a6ladd said:
Ill bite, this is sweet! My brewery is called "'The Canning Room Brewery" I don't have a logo or anything fancy, just the name :) Id love to see what you can do!

Seems simple enough, though the name will take up some room to do, it will be done. From the font examples you've seen you like the ones I use?

Bedlam said:

image-1435739930.jpg

Pay no attention to the attempted dragon head! :X
And the words are so scrunched Inge corner so you could see if you like the brew name near the logo or your motto. Hope you like it!

I have no idea what you're talking about, I think the Viking boat bow ornament is pretty good looking. You should definitely feel confident, if not proud of your work if you don't already.

Keep on keepin' on!

Seems simple enough, though the name will take up some room to do, it will be done. From the font examples you've seen you like the ones I use?

Yea they look awesome! Just had another idea, could you try to incorporate in into a mason jar, kinda sticking with the theme of "The Canning Room" haha. :cross:

a6ladd said:
Yea they look awesome! Just had another idea, could you try to incorporate in into a mason jar, kinda sticking with the theme of "The Canning Room" haha. :cross:

Of course! The funny thing is I was just talking to my wife, bouncing ideas and that was an idea lol. I'll see what I can do for it

Bedlam said:
Man, I love it! Nice perspective on the boat!

Really, I didn't think the boat came out that good, but thanks, did you like the motto sideways near the boat? Or would you prefer it somewhere else?

ahaley said:
Really, I didn't think the boat came out that good, but thanks, did you like the motto sideways near the boat? Or would you prefer it somewhere else?

I'm not picky, but since you ask, I wonder how it would look to have all the wording in a kind of circle, with the boat in the middle. Brewery name across the top, motto across the bottom?

Bedlam said:
I'm not picky, but since you ask, I wonder how it would look to have all the wording in a kind of circle, with the boat in the middle. Brewery name across the top, motto across the bottom?

I can do my best! It won't be a perfect circle and some words might be a little off but I'll give it a shot

Back