Motorcycle Fanatics, show your ride(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love seeing the bikes. Especially the old Beemers but I'm a little partial. Here's my pig on an 8-day solo camping wander down to Colorado hitting open passes (at least the ones I had the guts to go over). No way on some of the passes with a laden pig. Some of you may notice how clean the bike is...it's because I ended up spending a fortune in quarters at a local do-it-yourself car wash after learning all about mag chloride...nasty stuff...basically encased the engine in a ceramic layer.

kebler.jpg

Zuljin said:
I don't remember, is that a Gladius? If so, how is it on the highway? How's the riding position?

Yep. 09 gladius. Its plenty powerful for highway use (same motor etc as the older sv650), but it has NO wind protection. I commute 25 miles (mostly interstate ) one way and I'm OK with it. Some people add a windscreen for more protection. Position is upright, closer to "standard" than sport bike. I love it!

Cool. Mine doesnt offer much in wind protection onl ythat its wide at the tank and big for an 805. Looks a lot bigger than an 883 Sportster but smalller engine. Looked hard at the Gladius and v-strom 650 and 1200 but then saw the C50 and was thinking of floorboards, upright seating and bigger engine than 650. An big Elvis fenders. But a 650 still looks appealing. Or a B King. Or a Buell. Hell, there aint a bike I dont want.

My 2000 Ducati monster 900 S I.e

The picture of the bike put together is after the first mod, a tail chop. The other is after clip-on handlebars, in the process of installing the high mount carbon fiber Remus cans, replacing the chain, and oil change... I know it looks terrible. Since then I have added a LED brake light with integrated sequential turn signals, bar end turn signals, and a couple other things I cant remember right now

image-2739375334.jpg

image-3018528260.jpg

This is my 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1500 FI... Big fun to ride. That is when I'm not brewing of course.. :D

Vulcan2.jpg

Cool monster! There weren't any affordable ones nearby when I was shopping, so I wound up with my sfv650.

The monster and street triple were at the top of my list

Cool monster! There weren't any affordable ones nearby when I was shopping, so I wound up with my sfv650.

If I didn't ride with highway cruising bungholes, I would so have a Speed Triple...

_

Once a year I head over to the coast to a place that rents scooters by the hour and wring it out for all its worth. With a tail wind they will do about 40 :D

Here's the daily driver...

100_3708.jpg

This reminds me, there was a post on thekneeslider today about motorized bicycle racing!
There's something inherently cool and fun about utilizing something low power at 10/10ths

thepartsmancometh said:

When I got my monster it was between the monster and a Daytona triple.

This reminds me, there was a post on thekneeslider today about motorized bicycle racing!
There's something inherently cool and fun about utilizing something low power at 10/10ths

It is a lot of fun. I'll probably never never ride mine anywhere near its full potential so i get a kick out of the scooters.

I would so rock a scooter, like a Honda Ruckus.

I dig the ruckas, it would be a fun to rock one around town.

DesertBrew said:
I park my ride right next to one of these at work. Looks like a very nice cruiser.

Thanks.. I really like riding it. This picture is a couple years old. I have since added a color matched back box on it.

Cheers

static said:
It is a lot of fun. I'll probably never never ride mine anywhere near its full potential so i get a kick out of the scooters.

I dig the ruckas, it would be a fun to rock one around town.

My wife has a 400 Bergman that I have ridden several times. The damn thing is rated to 100 mph. I've never had it up that fast, but certainly handles freeway speeds without any problems... Even with my 6' 5" 240# butt on it.. LOL!!

A 2003 XR650R totally street legal with everything done to it. A 680 big bore, HRC cam, progressive suspension dialed to my weight, IMS 4.6 gallon tank and super stock footpegs, all new plastics. The bike is a beast so far one of my favorites. It helps that I married the daughter of one of the owners of IMS Products and will be working there starting July 1.

image-1564808810.jpg

My bike is a bit old, but it still kicks azz and is a beast to ride.
Only problem is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars. :D

CR500

BIKEa.jpg

MVC-060S.jpg

I love dual sports when the road ends you can just keep going. But my all time favorite bike was my old 1978 RD400 I turned into a cafe racer and then sold. No pictures though.

Mine too. When I got it, everyone said I was crazy, it was ugly. Even the dealer asked why I wanted that model. After blacking out the front end, lowering it and putting the black 21/18 wheels on it, they all like it now. 3 of the 5 guys I ride with sold their bikes and now have Road Glides. Now you see them everywhere.

Y'all see the Honda 700s? NC700X and NT700V? I was thinking of going bigger next time, or going Gladius. But these now have my eye.

Yes. I'm all over the place on what I want next.

I want a Triple Black BMW R 1200 GS Adventure with panier cases.

9.7 gallon total fuel capacity and 51mpg highway. Gah. Nearly 500 miles between fill-ups.

2012-bmw-uk-r1200gs-offer-with-accessories%202.jpg

Back