Bottle Conditioning Temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnh2atl

Reaction score
I just corked about 20, 750ml Belgian bottles with a Belgian ale. Should I shoot for the temp I fermented them or some other temp or just let them sit in the basement 62-65F?

I have a picture of them in my gallery but I am unable to get it here except as a super-duper close up.

What do you think?

I bottle condition in the mid- to high-70's. This is consistent with what the Trappist breweries do (according to "Brew Like a Monk"). Lower temps will take a loooooong time...

Yes to RBB's advice to bottle condition a little warmer. My temp is usually around 72, though, not high 70s.

I bottle condition in the mid- to high-70's. This is consistent with what the Trappist breweries do (according to "Brew Like a Monk"). Lower temps will take a loooooong time...

I've still got two batches sitting upstairs, because at this time of year our basement is just too cold for proper conditioning (57-61F). We keep the upstairs around 67F, which will condition most regular gravity beers just fine in a month or 6 weeks. Hoping these are both conditioned by Christmas, because with company coming, the brew will have to go in the basement.

I've still got two batches sitting upstairs, because at this time of year our basement is just too cold for proper conditioning (57-61F). We keep the upstairs around 67F, which will condition most regular gravity beers just fine in a month or 6 weeks. Hoping these are both conditioned by Christmas, because with company coming, the brew will have to go in the basement.

I'm pretty much in the same boat this time of year. My loft is in the low 60's in the winter, so carbing is a slow process. I've got two batches bottled with a slim hope they will be ready by christmas.

Back