My First Label needs something

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarLord5000

Reaction score
Hello...

This is my first label. I really like just about everything about it, except the tree in the middle of the circle. I wanted something black and white, and something vaguely woodsy, or cajun. Or something that would remind you of a backyard. Any ideas?

8y5qol.jpg

To be honest I really like this one. A few things I would do to tweak it up some.

First I would cut off the excess on the left or square up the main image in the center between the left edge and the text/description on the right.

I like how you put everything together in the main image (front). The only thing I see is they don't mesh well. By saying mesh I mean it seems like the ribbons and the circle are a little bright compared to the rest of the label.. Maybe tone them down a tad so it blends better.

The right side text and art.... Don't change a thing. It looks awesome!

Ohh yea, first label?...... You make me sick.....:D

Great work!

I think this looks great! Nice work!

I completely agree with Maveric777's comment about sliding the image over to the left.

Perhaps you could just use a different image for the tree, something that is more "craggy" and has a better sillouette. I did a quick Google image search and found this:

Dead_Tree_Sunrise_Sep_web.jpg

My last comment is to maybe lighten up the graphic that sits underneath the text. My eye wants to look at that graphic rather than read the text. Kind of distracting.

Thanks for the tips!

I went ahead and shifted the image to the left a bit. It definitely looks better, and fills out the left side of the label better.

The banners look a bit bright in the digital image, but when I print the label, they look much more subdued.

frolickingmonkey - This image is a screenshot, and unfortunately, the quality isn't nearly as good as the original. I don't think it's the graphic that's pulling your eyes to it, it's the blurry text on top. When I look at this image, I can easily see what you're saying, but on the original, or when printed, the balance is about perfect.

Also, that picture you found is awesome, but it just didn't work on this label. I think I'm going to have to either find a fatter, shorter tree, or try something else. I'd like to hear any ideas!

Cheers
Dave

I believe all you need to do is increase the size of the central icon, and adjust the colors in the icon, as the icon colors are a bit bright.

Schlante,
Phillip

Thanks for the tips!

frolickingmonkey - This image is a screenshot, and unfortunately, the quality isn't nearly as good as the original. I don't think it's the graphic that's pulling your eyes to it, it's the blurry text on top. When I look at this image, I can easily see what you're saying, but on the original, or when printed, the balance is about perfect.

Yeah, lots o' times the proof is in the pudding! Things always look different on paper... Keep up the good work!

Thanks everyone for the replies!

It seems like most everyone thinks that the banners and such are too bright.
Well, I've tried to dim the colors on the logo, but I haven't had any luck making it look right. So, I figured, why not go for a brighter colored backgroud?

What do you think of this one?
2rmmrh4.jpg

In order to present a half decent copy, I left off the text and barcode stuff. I use Photoshop for most of the work, but I prefer using a free label printing softare to add the text and whatnot. The drawback is that I can't save the finished product as an image file, and have to screenshot it.

Cheers
Dave

They both look great. I do agree a different center picture would look better but I can't think of anything at the moment. If I do I'll post a suggestion.

Also, just curious, why do you add the text in the label program and not in Photoshop?

More options and easier to manipulate.

Bingo!

Photoshop is a wonderful program, and is so versatile. But doing some of the simpler stuff on it can be like pulling teeth. I find that I get better, easier results from the Avery label making program, when it comes to doing simple text and the like.

Thanks again for all the replies! If anybody has any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Cheers
Dave

Man! Nice!

ere are you guys getting the lable from? I dont see how you guys come up with these. :p

Latest posts

Back