Fruli

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this from the net:

Van Diest Brewery

Fruli

ABV 4.1% • Vol 250 ml • bottle • Belgium • Expensive • Flavour 7
Other beers from Van Diest Brewery
Other beers from Belgium
Fruli was discovered in a friend's frighteningly trendy bar. All the ales had run out and the only beers left that were not boring regular beers were the expensive oddball drinks, including this interesting ditty, 'Fruli Quality Belgian White Fruit Beer,' with the subtitle 'Strawberry beer.' The colour is a pinkish red best described as Kriek, although it is technically a white beer. It tastes very much of strawberries and not much of lager. The beer is ideal in the summer as a drink to have to refresh and quench, although the sweet taste can hide the strength and lead to drinking more than is wise. A fine occasional drink, more an 'alcopop' than a beer, but nice enough none the less.

Funny, all these years I thought a Kriek was cherry and a white beer was wheat:drunk: :confused:

Sounds like a Berliner Weizen...I know...it's raspberry...:D Been there, done that. I actually stayed on what used to be the East Berlin side.

Sexy Sadie.... what have you done? You made a fruli for everyone....

That's John Lennon's original lyrics, but of course McCartney got in there and screwed everything up.

I would like to congratulate Cheyco on brewing 5 batches in 3 weeks. He's a homebrew icon in the making.

Back