Draft faucet upgrades

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephelton

Reaction score
I've been wanting to upgrade my faucets, as I'm using some cheap crap right now. It looks like, of the forward sealing varieties, only the Perlicks are around these days.

Is that the case? What happened to the Ventmatics? I can only find vague references to "legal trouble."

Do the perlicks have a variety of replaceable nozzles? Any thoughts / recommendations?

Yea, lots of legal bru-ha-ha around Ventomatics, Shirron, and some other companies. They are no more.

The Perlicks available now are the 425SS, 525SS, and 575SS. The 425SS have a removable spout, the 525 and 575 don't. the 525 is pretty much the same as the 425, minus the removable spout. the 575 has a creamer faucet.

Thanks for the replies.

It sounds like the 425 is the one I want, since removable spouts are of interest to me.

Are there any other faucets that are competitive?

Reading back through this, I seemed to have overlooked the praises about the 525. What makes it better than the 425? It doesn't have the removable spout, and it's cheaper (I think.)

There is a group buy on Perlick 525ss in the works. There in currently interest in over 40 units and Forrest of AHS has indicated that he will "work it out" based on an earlier price of $23.99 / each. AHS is currently out of stock, but Forrest said in a PM that he will be ready next week. The discussion/interest is currently toward the bottom of this thread:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/another-perlick-group-buy-131079/

Ed

Back