Blonde Ale Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got wiped out of this on on New Years, so I brewed it again early January. I haven't even tapped that batch yet but because of another upcoming party, I went ahead and brewed this again on Saturday. I'll have 15 gallons available for the next party (along with another 20 gallons of 3 other recipes)!

anyone know if there is any harm in letting this sit in primary for a month, i know the original instructions only say ten days or so? thats what I have been leaning towards, mostly, lately and gonna be busy in the next few months and not sure if i will have time to bottle it up and am still getting my kegging system put together? thanks

I would love an answer to this question if possible. I'm in a similar situation, I'll probably need to let it sit in primary for 3 weeks. Any input?

anyone know if there is any harm in letting this sit in primary for a month, i know the original instructions only say ten days or so? thats what I have been leaning towards, mostly, lately and gonna be busy in the next few months and not sure if i will have time to bottle it up and am still getting my kegging system put together? thanks
Not only is leaving it in the primary OK, many Belgium beers are sold with yeast sitting at the bottom. I can assure you that many home brewers have let their beer sit on yeast for several months without any harm to the beer.

Cheers,

I would love an answer to this question if possible. I'm in a similar situation, I'll probably need to let it sit in primary for 3 weeks. Any input?
I brewed a 10g batch of CB. I kegged 5g after the prescribed 10 days and drank it while the other 5g sat in the primary for a month. It came out as good if not better than the 10 day portion. I am convinced that you cannot hurt this beer! Next up I am going to make this with Bavarian Lager yeast. I think its gonna kick arse.

Agreed, my second half of 10gal aged for a month tasted better than the fresh stuff that went straight into a keg after 10 days, both are now gone after 41 days :(

Brewed a 5g batch early January. Primary for 3 weeks and on gas for 2+. Just keep getting better. I am sure I will need to brew this again soon.

Cheers BierMuncher :mug:

Bottled this last night and I'm a little worried that I did something wrong while brewing. The color of mine looked more amber than blonde. Think it'll clear up in the bottles?

Bottled this last night and I'm a little worried that I did something wrong while brewing. The color of mine looked more amber than blonde. Think it'll clear up in the bottles?

Probably not, maybe your crystal was labeled wrong? Stranger things have happened. Should be good anyway!

I have 5 gallons of this bubbling away in the basement. I added an orange peel to the fermenter to give it a bit more citrus flavor.

Looking forward to drinking this!

Tapped the first of two kegs of this last night.. After only being put on the gas this weekend, it isn't fully carbed yet (shaking keg a couple times a day to speed things up), but I let it sit on the yeast for a full two weeks before kegging..

I gotta say, I'm impressed... "very' smooth and easy drinking beer.... and it's cheap and easy!

I'll make this one again for sure...

Thanks for the recipe!
:mug:

I just brewed the extract version of this today. OG came in a little high at 1.046 but other than that it was a good brew day. Can't wait to try it!

Brewed this a week ago (w/ US-05 instead of Notty) and took a hydrometer test today. The beer went from 1.041 to 1.008, perfect; however there is still some Krausen even at a week later! This bad boy is gonna have some nice head retention!

It smells amazing. A great mix of malt and citrus. Gotta love those cascades. As for the taste, It was awesome. I wanted to take a pint right from the fermenter, and its only a week old! Gonna leave it for another week and then bottle it. Thanks for this fantastic recipe!

I brewed this recipe on 2/12, just took a hydrometer reading last night. It's gone from 1.040 to 1.008, so right on track. I dry pitched the Nottingham, and it was bubbling within 6 hours. Now that primary fermentation is done, the wort has cleared up and looks (and tastes) like liquid gold. I can tell my SWMBO is going to (finally!) like this one.

This is also my first brew with adjustments for water chemistry. My water is quite hard and alkaline, so I mashed with distilled water plus salts and 0.25 lb of sauermalz to get a decent mash pH. The sparge water was mostly straight tap water so I ended with a 60% distilled/40% tap ratio.

Any recommendations on volumes of CO2 for carbonation for this one?

Hey BM, I swear I read somewhere that you were going to try your house blonde (CB I imagine) with a hefe yeast as an experiment? How did it turn out and how would you imagine this would turn out with using WY3068. First 10 gallons went quick, going to keep next 5 original and try using some washed left overs with the other 5, or I'll brew another hefe if you highly advise against it. Thanks in advance! Aloha

Here's my example of this after about a month of patiently waiting. We did the all-grain version using Deathbrewer's stovetop method. Fermented a little over 2 weeks and 2 more weeks in the bottle. Tried it last night for the first time and I'm very pleased. It's slightly darker than some of the other examples I've seen on this thread but it's crisp and refreshing with a subtle hoppy finish. Would definitely brew it again.

IMG_2620.jpg

Brewed this last night. I had to change to a blowoff this afternoon because it blew out my airlock. First time using US-05 and so far I'm impressed.

Just brewed the extract version of this. Mine is very very dark looking. did I have too much heat? It was the first time we used our propane burner and not our stove top, so im wondering if its possible to heat the beer too much during its boil?

Big ups to BierMuncher! As soon as i tasted this beer i started another 5 gallon batch. I have it kegged and it gets better and better each week.

Just ordered up ingredients for this one. Going to try 5 g with notty and 5 g with 04, so I can see the differences in yeasts. Been wanting to do a quick turnaround beer for awhile. Thanks BM for the recipe, can't wait to get this into bottles.

Took this recipe exactly and added:

2 Hot Red Chili's & 4 Med Red Chili's Secondary 1 week.

5 Anaheim Green Chili's from Walmart *Roasted on the grill & Split down the middle* added to secondary for 7 days.

Kegged and Carbed.

BOS in the 2010 NM Stair Fair Amateur!

I have a second batch of this chili version in secondary right now. Everybody loved the first batch and people always ask about it.

no crystal 10, have to use crystal 20 (or carahell)...should i use a little less or the same amount?

I was able to borrow a friends Brew Magic so I brewed 20 gals of Centennial Blonde yesterday. Pitched 4 different yeasts. Danstar Nottingham, Safale US-05, Wyeast 1056 American Ale, Wyeast 1028 London Ale. Brew Went smooth, OG=1.050 for first 10 gals and 1.052 for second 10 gals. All beers bubbling except the US-05 (that has been a slow starter for me in the past). If anyone is interested I can post the taste results in a month or so. Here is a pic of the system. More impressive than my cooler and turkey fryer I usually use!

Cheers
:mug:

DSC05917_1-1.jpg

Brewed a 10 gallon batch last night. Came in at about 1.043. It was my first time using a hop spider and an immersion chiller so the process was pretty ugly. Finished about 12:30 am and it's bubbling away.

Latest posts

Back