BREAKTHROUGH! How to brew beer in 5 days!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking this would be a great way to make wort for a yeast starter just the right amount of wort and a whole lot cheaper than using DME like I currently do.

I'll disagree... the strainer does a real lousy job sparging. Unless you come up with a better way of keeping grain and trub out I'd pass.

465215123_P3ZJn-L-0.jpg

Not to mention I can make a DME starter in 30 minutes, and it costs like a dollar plus yeast... this AG process takes HOURS, its unreliable, you're left with a substandard product, and what did you save... 20 cents?

sweet!

ok, i need help here fellow brewers.....where do i find a 5 gallon coffee maker!!!!!!!

All over the internets and in resteraunt supply stores. Though some people have found them at goodwill and places like that. They go up to iirc 10 gallons..I know there's 8 gallon ones out there.

539K1301_lg.jpg

lol... well this is a thread about brewing in a coffee pot... and we actually did it so idk whos joking!! HAHAH!

I dont see why you wouldn'd want to try it. Mine is finished fermenting, still in primary, and going to get bottled this weekend. I figure I'll get a couple flip tops outta it...

That's the saddest F'n thing I've ever seen!!:eek: LOL!!! But, you know someone out there has made it "with great results"! So let's hear it!! Anyone out there making beer in thier coffee pot?? With Grannies bread yeast??? LOL-LOL-LOL:mug::D

Well, I don't think anyone is brewing any kind of real volume of beer outta their coffee pot, nor do you have to use bread yeast to ferment it out..

I thought I'd try doing this. But I was really drunk and kind of got things backwards. Now I have 5 gallons of coffee in my fermenter.

Lol... so I pulled one of these bad boys outta the closet and tossed it in the fridge. I cracked it open a few minutes ago and YEP! Its beer! Not in 5 days! I guess I didnt add enough dextrose or something cause its flat, but its basically a Belgian Saison. Pretty tasty... you would never know it was mashed in a friggin krups coffee pot! HAHA!

586007790_xGjHZ-X2.jpg

fyi, here was the game plan... http://www.jdhaesloop.com/coffee_pot_beer.pdf

Back