Cheers from Vancouver, WA.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdxbg

Reaction score
Hello to all you brewers out there!

I have been brewing occasionally off and on for the past 4-5 months and just recently decided that I absolutely love the craft!

So far I have brewed a IIPA (AG), IPA(AG), Raspberry Wheat(AG), ESB(Extract), and helped with a Hazelnut Brown(Extract). All turned out great so far, except the ESB could have been much better if I had made some changes.

Rounding up supplies to do a pumpkin ale (extract) on Saturday.

Am in the process of deciding on which route I would like to take as far as upgrading my equipment over the next 6 months in order to do proper all grain brewing as I only have capability to do extract at home right now.

Anyways, I look forward to reading around and learning as much as I can through the forum! I hope to be able to make some good contributions as the years go by as well.

Cheers!

Welcome! I'm in Vancouver, too. There are a lot of brewers here but I'm not sure how many are on this forum.

I only know of a few people home brewing in vancouver, but then again I have only been in it a short time. I am trying to get more friends and family involved but most of my close friends (local) aren't quite as enthusiastic about beer as I am.

Nor mine. I don't specifically know a lot of brewers, but Bader's seems to do well and I have bought/sold a lot of brew gear on CL in this area and have met some that way. .

Is there a Vanc brew club?

Not that I am aware of. Bader's is usually decently busy when I am in there so it makes sense. But I would assume that is typical of most area's around here.

I know that there are some actual brewpub's/nano-breweries starting to pop up in Vancouver too.

Welcome! I'm across the river - I brew with a few guys first and third Wednesdays, check the blog if you're interested and stop by and have a beer.

joel

Browsed through it a bit on my phone this morning. Looks like a pretty good time you guys are having!

Balanced_Brew said:
...check the blog...

joel

Is there a link to that? Maybe I just can't see it with the iPhone app.

Thanks!

Anybody in the Vancouver/PDX area have a single tier setup? I'm debating on building one.

^How did that Juniper strong ale turn out? I remember you telling me about it but couldn't remember if I followed up on that.

It came out amazing. One of the best I've made to date. I plan on remaking it very soon with lower fermentation temps. It was just a bit too estery for my taste.

Heyo Vancouver!

There is a homebrew club here in Vancouver, but I just moved over from Portland about a year ago and haven't checked it out. I want to say it's Plato Republic?

Got real busy with the brewery and haven't had time to check it out.

Cheers!

Back