possible new logo and name change...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foulplayer

Reaction score
Okay I decided to call my brewery Chuki Brew Co. about a month ago. It is supposed to be pronounced CHEW-KEY Brew Co. Some people were pronouncing it CHUCKY. So I decided to change the name to Chewki Brew Co.

For those of you left wondering wtf Chuki is, let me explain. It is a version of the Nissan 240sx. Im really into cars mainly nissans and I own a 240sx. So thats where the name came from.

I was bored so I thought it would be fun to design a totally new label. I wanted to try and make the illusion that the label was raised off of the paper and or bottle.

Now onto the logos:
New
chukiLabel.jpg

Old
labelChuki.jpg

So what do you guys think? I want some criticism. Do you hate it compared to the old design? Is it better than the old? What should I add/remove?

Like I have said before, I am a graphic artist so the criticism wont hurt my feelings.

Danny

I like it. The only problem is that it looks like "Hewki" to me, inside a semi circle. I think the 'C' is to big and gets lost. Also the 'O' in Brew Co. is smaller than the C, so the line thickness is smaller.....probably wouldn't bother anyone else, but you could put a small stroke (the same color of the lettering) to thicken it up.....

It's looking nice though.

Maybe people would pronounce it correctly if you spelled it like Chüki. I like the older design better but the new design looks good too.

JamesKY said:
Maybe people would pronounce it correctly if you spelled it like Chüki. I like the older design better but the new design looks good too.

I am with you on this one. I have always liked the older label, I just think it is a great design. Maybe you could do something with umlaut.

Either way I think they both look very sharp!

The new one says "Napa Valley bistro." The old one says "Key West beach bar." I think they're both damn fine, just depends what feel you want for your brand.

Back