Obama is a homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure if you contributed $1200.00 to his campaign, sent him a note telling him about how much you love the idea that he brews beer, how much you would love to brew beer just like him, and how you lay in bed at night fantasizing about brewing beer with him while Michelle makes nutritional snacks - that he would send you a super secret copy of both of his homebrew recipes, a signed picture of him and Joe Biden drinking a couple beers on the White House patio, and all the emails that you can handle asking you to get your friends and family to contribute to his campaign - and best of all - his personal promise to buy you a Bud Light the next time he gets away from the White House of the tour bus and comes to your neck of the woods.

Yeah.....that should do it....

Bwahahahahahahaha:rockin:

Link? I really did search but didn't find it. I'll have my post removed if it already exists.

I can't do the link on my app but search white house beer and you'll find it.

There's plenty of posts about the White House Beer, but since the Petition was created today, this isn't just a discussion about Obama making beer. This is bringing to light the fact that someone (not me) has crated a petition at Whitehouse.gov (today, August 18th) to ask for the recipe to be released.

The thread title is Obama homebrew recipe

Do you realize there's already a thread about the petition for the recipe? https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/obama-homebrew-recipe-348380/

Is threads about the petition going to be the NEW thread bomb about the subject? As if threads about Obama brewing haven't been done to death, now we're going to have a plethora about the petition?

And by the way a petition was started to release the recipe 3 years ago THE FIRST TIME we got thread bombed about White House brewing.

I created an account. Waiting for the email confirmation and then I'm signing the petition. Only 75 people have so far but this thing just started.

Having asked for the recipe, I don't imagine it is very complicated, possibly an extract recipe. I would like to know what the POTUS is portraying America's beer as. Like it or not he is our leader and his beer will have a large impact on how others, let alone the American public percieves what the USA considers great beer. If a leader of another country "brewed' his own beer, to an outsider it would represent his country's beer. No?

I suggest, if this recipe is blatantly bogus... HBT comes up with a "light" and "dark" recipe more fitting the American brewing standard and send it to the POTUS.

If he is actually a brewer and this White House beer is not a gimick to win over the American public.. he will listen and take action, just as any home brewer would in the unending pursuit of great beer!

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry Revvy, oh great one. I did search, I didn't find anything so I made a new post. Please delete this post and ask someone to fix search so that people who do search can find the existing threads so we don't make multiple posts.

Sorry Revvy, oh great one. I did search, I didn't find anything so I made a new post. Please delete this post and ask someone to fix search so that people who do search can find the existing threads so we don't make multiple posts.

Haven't seen one to sign a petition until this one, and I'm on this site quite often, could have missed it. Doubtful.

So in my humble opinion your thread is in the clear.

BTW.. Revvy is a member like you and me, he doesn't have the power to delete threads. Maybe to influence not continuing them but not stopping them with a few taps on a key board.

Keep on rocking the word of beer> :ban:

Dan said:
Haven't seen one to sign a petition until this one, and I'm on this site quite often, could have missed it. Doubtful.

See mine and revvy's posts. There is one. And I'm sure this one won't be the last either.

No thanks, I try to avoid interacting with those that seek to lead me/rule over me as much as possible.

Signed Negative Nancy :)

My name is already on enough "lists" and I can brew just fine without any .gov assistance.

See mine and revvy's posts. There is one. And I'm sure this one won't be the last either.

Sounds good. Glad you and the rev posted about it too. Like I said, I'm on here quite often and didn't see a thread like the OP's.

People on here less often than me might not have seen you guy's threads either.. It's a hit and miss scenario. And I'm not going to go searching for one, his popped up and I responded.

In the end what the f does any of that matter? I don't see TxBrew *****!ng at us for taking to much space on his servers.

I just want to know what the POTUS is representing as beer in the USA how I got to the petition link is trivial.

Dan said:
In the end what the f does any of that matter? I don't see TxBrew *****!ng at us for taking to much space on his servers.

You're right. In the end it doesn't matter, just a little redundant. I don't share the same "fascination" that everyone has for the fact that there is beer being brewed at the WH and the desire to see the recipe. But, to each his own.

Reactions: Dan
I signed it.

Also, I'm more than a little annoyed that the only political comments that I've seen made on any of the various "Obama brews" threads seem to be offensively negative and ignorant. I thought home brewers could maybe stick to talking about beer a little better than that.

Reactions: Dan
It turned out that chef's at the White House brewed the beers in question. If O were to be a homebrewer, he'd probably screw that up too.

passedpawn said:
Obama wants your help racking to secondary in November. I personally don't think that is necessary. :D

I think Obama will be selling his brew setup here in the Classifieds section come January...

Just a hunch...

I am not going to make a racial or political comment but why would you want the recipe? Just because of the name? He did not even brew it anyway, his executive chefs brewed it with extracts. Its a very simple recipe. I think its great our president is into beer, but he should really try to fix the problems our country has. Here our people have less money to spend and yet the prices of brewing ingredients and equipment increase all the time. LOL.

Either way,Im just going to wait for the recipe to be posted in this thread.:eek: Only because its just a beer recipe. I guess it is pre-historical in a way. If that is the right term.

Wouldn't the recipe fall under the Freedom of Information Act anyway?

EDIT: I see there were a few posts on the previous page that I missed that already brought this up.
Nevertheless, I wonder if anyone has gone to the trouble of filing one yet, instead of creating an online petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back