You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your watching breaking bad and the dea agent is bottling his homebrew. He wakes up to bottle bombs thinking someone is shooting his house up and you say damn what a waste of brew.

You start selling off everything in your garage to make more room for home brew projects. :D

When looking at houses the only thing on your mind is where the brewery will be set up, and the best place for the bar will be.

Thank you craigslist, now I have all the room I need... for now.

sendkyleanemail said:
You have a hydrometer in the "special" drawer that also contains a length of rope, handcuffs, zip ties, a paddle (not for mashing) and other non brewing toys.

Talk about unsanitary! I hope you have some Star San in that drawer too ;)

RedGuitar said:
Does anybody else try to figure out what beer characters are drinking in TV shows and movies?
k
Always. I'll pause it and even go through the shot(s) frame by frame trying to determine whether or not the character has good taste in beer.

Unfortunately, it's often purposely rotated to make it really difficult, if not impossible. And an even bigger bummer is when you look up the beer online, really interested because you've never even heard of it before... and it's a freaking PROP BEER. Gah!

emjay said:
Talk about unsanitary! I hope you have some Star San in that drawer too ;)

k
Always. I'll pause it and even go through the shot(s) frame by frame trying to determine whether or not the character has good taste in beer.

Unfortunately, it's often purposely rotated to make it really difficult, if not impossible. And an even bigger bummer is when you look up the beer online, really interested because you've never even heard of it before... and it's a freaking PROP BEER. Gah!

There was a Jeff Foxworthy show that regularly featured an Atlanta micro called Sweetwater. They showed the labels, had signs, t shirts on the actors. Surely they paid for that. Foxworthy is an Atlanta native, by the way.

Your wife buys this bag to give a gift to friends who just had a baby:

13691761_265x265_pad-55922.jpg

.....And all you can think of is: "Does that come with a subscription too?"

When you have to change your passcode at work and you change it to the FG of the batch you just bottled

When you fart and wave the smell in your face and think about storing the fart in a sanitary bottle and use it in a brew.

Your daughter's 7th grade science experiment involves ferulic acid and 4-vinyl guaiacol, and is the second tap from the right.

RedBeard1 said:
When you have to change your passcode at work and you change it to the FG of the batch you just bottled

Genius! I have to change passwords all the time!

duckredbeard said:
Genius! I have to change passwords all the time!

Nice. Should be able to guess it within about 20 attempts now. Use the OG... at least it will have a wider range :fro:

Because of moving and changing jobs, I haven't been able to brew since May. I finally got my first paycheck in 2 1/2 months this week, so the first place I went? My new LHBS! Brewing tomorrow! My pipeline is dangerously low... I might have to actually *gasp* buy beer in the next 6 weeks.

You walk into a room when the TV is finishing an IHOP commercial ending and you wonder what hops they used before you think of breakfast food.

When you haven't brewed in a few months due to stove burner fubars. Then you find a place to get new ones & what do you do? By the NZ hops that are on sale,15oz of them. And a PM cascade pale ale kit for good measure. :ban:

When SWMBO walks into the kitchen, sees this and automatically knows to leave you alone the rest of the day.

image-2785459332.jpg

When you're bummed that Firestone is the most "exotic" beer at the county fair.

When you smell an APA and critique it for not being hoppy enough, before realizing that not every beer is an IIPA.

When you watch season 6 episode 7 of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix and you sympathize with Marshall's creepy assistant, only because he home brews.

When you're bummed that Firestone is the most "exotic" beer at the county fair.

When you smell an APA and critique it for not being hoppy enough, before realizing that not every beer is an IIPA.

When you watch season 6 episode 7 of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix and you sympathize with Marshall's creepy assistant, only because he home brews.

When you look for glass bottles for your newborn because you know the plastic ones scratch too easily.

When your wife shows you the plastic bottles for the newborn and the bottle brush and you immediately exclaim, "You can't use a brush on plastic! That'll create scratches that harbor bacteria!"

Euphist said:
When telling your realtor what you're looking for, you mention the basement and garage before bedrooms and bathrooms! (for obvious reasons) :mug:

We almost bought a new house that already had plumbing roughed in and a floor drain in a basement room.

When you open a vacuum pack of whole hops , take a sniff, shout YES and fist pump the air!!!

It was all over for me when I opened the sealed bag of hops that came with my first kit...

One sniff and I was hooked. What an amazing smell.

When your at work and see the 5.5 gallon drums full of cleaning stuff and think 'hmm wonder if I could use that drum to ferment beer in'.

sendkyleanemail said:
You have a hydrometer in the "special" drawer that also contains a length of rope, handcuffs, zip ties, a paddle (not for mashing) and other non brewing toys.

You've got issues.

You start following @willwheaton on twitter, not because he was on star trek OR the big bang theory, but because he is a home brewer.

fifthcircle said:
You start following @willwheaton on twitter, not because he was on star trek OR the big bang theory, but because he is a home brewer.

Please don't tell me that, I hate Will Wheaton!

When during a 100*F heatwave your air conditioner breaks and your first concern is not of personal comfort but is how do I keep my fermenting wort cool?

After your baby finishes her pureed food and you don't throw out the jar because you see a potential 4oz yeast library in your future.

You know how many 12oz and 22oz bottles will fit into a milk crate.

You won't buy beer at your local walmart because the don't sell long-neck pry-off bottles.

Back