Vacation in Germany: Best Beer (Brewery?) Spots?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cormano

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently planning a vacation in Germany. We're flying into Frankfurt, staying in Bamberg for a couple days… and still debating where else to go.

I'll take any advice, but I'm really hoping to see some cool old breweries. I've toured a bunch of breweries here in Pennsylvania, but most of them are very modern.

We are already planning to go to Schlenkerla in Bamberg. What else should we do?

I'd try and visit as many of my favorite German brewery's as possible. Just make a list and look up where they are.

I spent a day in Bamberg a couple years ago... About three months in advance, I set up a tour for my GF and I to the Weyermann maltings. It was, hands down, one of the best tours I've ever had in my life. They made us feel extremely welcome, took us around the whole facility, allowed us to taste stuff from the pilot brewery... Quite a great time.

Munich is nice, Be sure to visit The Hofbrauhaus, several brewery in that area.

Skip the Neuschwanstein Castle

There is the Kulmbacher Museum in Bayreuth, about an hour from Bamberg. There are quite a few options depending on how far you are willing to travel. I live in Vilseck, which is about 2 hours from Bamberg, or about 2.5 hours north of Munchen. I can suggest a whole lot of stuff, more than will fit on these pages. PM me if you want some more suggestions.

Back