Looking for original Janet's brown ale recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DD2000GT

Reaction score
Not the imperial or extra hopppy version, or any other modification (from my research this one is modified quite a bit frequently). I think the original version was for a 10 gallon batch, but I only have a 5 gallon setup. Will be all grain though.

Anyone have this one electronically they can paste here?

Thanks.

That's one of the beers in "Brewing Classic Styles". The book includes a variation on the recipe if memory serves, I'm too lazy to go look. All of the recipes are excellent and are what I base most of my brews on. It's well worth owning IMO.

Everyone raves about this recipe, but everything seems way out of range for an american brown ale recipe, especially IBUs. But what the hell i'll have go

Everyone raves about this recipe, but everything seems way out of range for an american brown ale recipe, especially IBUs. But what the hell i'll have go

Yes it is. Tasty (Mike) himself even says it is but it is a great beer.

When Janet's Brown Ale won the NHC gold medal in 2009, it as entered under category 23 Specialty Ale. In addition to making this using all grain, I have also bought the MoreBeer kits (Extract and All-grain) and they were fantastic. A little trick if you want to get the recipes from their kits and buy your own grains: Go to one of the all-grain recipe products pages, like the Janet's Brown Ale one and click on the Documents tab. There is an Ingredient Sheet there that lists the ingredients for both the Extract and All-Grain versions. I have also posted a 12-gallon version of the recipe on my blog if you are interested.

Latest posts

Back