Wee Heavy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
One of my all time favorite's, I have enjoyed them in the dead of winter, and the summer months. Highly recommended if you have never tried one.

Hey do you have any specific brands you like? I was recently in Battle Creek, MI, and stopped by the Arcadia Brewery. They what they call a Scotch Ale that is pretty killer. You might be able to buy it on line, but I am not sure.

Not that I've had many Scotch Ales, but Sam Adam's Wee Heavy is my favorite of what I've tried. Founder's Dirty Bastard is the only other one I've tried. Can't complain about that one either.

Just picked up some SA imp wee heavy...malty as hell. Never had a wee heavy but I'm pretty happy with this. Already feeling nice and warm inside.

I've had the imp dopplebock and I like darker flavors in this better. The dopple is like drinking a loaf of bread.

I really like how 'soft' SA Imp Wee Heavy feels. Toured the local brewery in my city last week 'TriCity Brewery' and had their Wee Heavy. Couldn't go wrong in the price. $10 growler refills. It was pretty good, but I'm having a hard time finding one I like better than Sam Adams.

This years Snowstorm from Schell's is a Wee Heavy. If you get a chance give it a try, I think it is pretty good.

I'm halfway through my first SA Imp Wee Heavy right now. This will be a go-to SA during special occassions. Love it. Malty, soft and intense at the same time, and smooth on the finish with no hot burn at all. Delicious.

Oskar Blues Old Chub is a phenomenal wee heavy if your looking to try other brands. One of my favorite styles

Back