OK LouT, I'll bite...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That one was harsh!
No this is actually an '04 World Series ring. If you can't tell from the photo I'm completely hammered. Went with one of my best pals to his 20th High School reunion about this time last year. He was one year behind me in school. Anyway, at the afterparty in his hotel room, several hours in, I notice Smiley wearing this ring. I used to run track with Smiley. I ask him about the ring, and he says yeah it's been around this place all night with pretty much everyone taking turns wearing it (he's talking about at the reunion, not the afterparty). Anyway, he asks me if I want to try it out. Of course I do! And I snap a few pictures with the crappy cellphone camera.
He's in I.T. for the team, but basically he says that everyone gets a ring. His had his name on it and stuff. If you can see, I actually have two rings on in the photo. My college ring is humongous - about the biggest ring you'll ever halfway regularly lay your eyes on -- military college -- so the Red Sox ring next to it that dwarfs it really shows how huge that sucker is.

Now I want to wear an '07 WS ring!

And no, I won't be doing any "EF" or other favors in return! That was a good burn, though, I have to give you credit!

That's cool!

My wife works with someone who's sister has one from working in the DBacks marketing dept. The funny thing is that she's totally a closeted Yankee fan. Hah!

Which school? Citadel, Norwich, one of the academies? I know Texas A&M also has a massive ring.

I graduated from Norwich - class of 90. Pretty good for you to even know about Norwich being from CA...

Back