Happy Thanksgiving! What 'cha gonna drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope the day is enjoyable and satisfying. I assume most will be eating some variation of the traditional meal, so what are you drinking with it?

I am planning on sharing a vertical of Stone Vertical Epics going back to '05.

Among the things I am thankful for all my virtual friends here and throughout the internet brewing world. Happy Thanksgiving. Don't choke on a bone.

Sounds great. I would like to try a traditional version with the weiss yeast but I am not sure I would want a whole batch. Your variation sounds great.

I'll be bringing a ton of beer to the family festivities. My homebrews include: Pliny the Elder clone, B3 Barleywine, and a dark pumpkin spice ale.

I'll also be bringing a 2008 Old Guardian and Stone's 15th Anniversary.

Snap we're going to have a selection

Oregon Suburban Orchard Cider 2 mags
Aventinus Weizen Doppelbock clone growler
Stella Artois sixer
St. Bernardus Christmas Ale mag
Lindeman's Frambois
New Belgium Folly Sampler halfrack
Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale halfrack
Sierra Nevada seasonal 6-er
a few cans of keystone leftover from a friend

Don't care what I drink before, during, or immediately after dinner. All I am focusing on is getting home afterwards and having my first ever glass of the fabled Pliny the Elder, which is sitting in my fridge right now. I'm going to have dreams about it tonight.

I have some BDSA and a nice Tripel in the fridge.....

Those should be good since I am braising some duck legs and thighs in BDSA for dinner. That along with some grilled breasts.

Since my wife is not a big fan of turkey we always have duck for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...

Our 2 batches of home brew won't be ready till Christmas. So we got SN Celebration ale for dinner,& fireside nut brown to go with the pies. Pecan in particular. Even have some cream cheese banana bread that should go well with it. Several different pies,30lbs or so of turkey & dressing,candied sweet taters...:drunk:

I'll be drinking some Newcastle from my new beertender, plus some 6th borough brown ipa made with 2 row, special b, naked oats, victory, cenntenial, ahtanum, and chinook. Mmmmmmm

i'm really not very knowledgeable about it. i just found a few mentionings of the style when i googled what to do with hefe yeast.

my recipe is a blend of these two:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/dampfbier-brew-day-181401/

The Northern Brewer Homebrew Forum • View topic - Dampfbier Recipe

yeast was danstar munich (because that's what i already had)

Sounds great. I would like to try a traditional version with the weiss yeast but I am not sure I would want a whole batch. Your variation sounds great.

just downed a pint, and it's pretty good. nice and malty with just a hint of the typical hefe phenols/esters.

I am trying to empty a keg of Helles to make room in my beer fridge to crash then keg a pale ale.

I shwear, thish ish the bottomlesh keg! It FEELSH empty but the beersh keepsh pourin'

Back