Pumpkin spice not clearing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nwa-brewing

Reaction score
So been working on this batch solve since before October last year, added pectic enzymes etc wine is coming along great, but not wanting to clear, it had actually started to but then had to rack it and it's cloudy again, can/should i add more pectic enzymes? Or just continue to wait?

Was it clear when you racked it, appeared clear in receiving carboy and has clouded back up since? Or was it a case of wine was clear but you transferred some lees and everything is resuspended in solution? Or was the wine not yet clear and is more cloudy since you racked it?

Have you transitioned it to a cooler area, somewhere at least 10F cooler?

The wine was starting to clear in the original carboy towards the top, had to rack off the leese, once transferred to the new carboy it appeared cloudy again and doesn't appear to be clearing again.

Unfortunately i don't really have an area to make it color, my house stays around 70-72.

The wine was starting to clear in the original carboy towards the top, had to rack off the leese, once transferred to the new carboy it appeared cloudy again and doesn't appear to be clearing again.

Unfortunately i don't really have an area to make it color, my house stays around 70-72.

I would give it time, everything is simply back in suspension. Not sure what the weather is like where you live, but do not forget to use what nature provides.

Pumpkins are also a starch vegetable, its possible you have a starch issue, some amylase might help. WVMJ

Back