• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

5 gallon barrels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javier25

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a used 5 gallon oak barrel? Is there such thing as a 5 gallon barrel?

A quick google search turns up dozens of places where one can purchase a 5 gallon oak barrel, including northern brewer, a favorite online homebrew shop.

Thank you guys. All great links. Next time I will do more research before posting. I didn't realize how expensive they are! It'll be worth it, i'm sure!

Thank you guys. All great links. Next time I will do more research before posting. I didn't realize how expensive they are! It'll be worth it, i'm sure!

Just don't forget, the number of times you can do a straight oak-aged ale is limited to a few batches (i think, no personal experience). Then you convert it a sour beer cask.

AndrewD said:
Just don't forget, the number of times you can do a straight oak-aged ale is limited to a few batches (i think, no personal experience). Then you convert it a sour beer cask.

That's the plan! I was hoping to start of with a nice flemish, depending on the barrel, and what it was used for. Would love to fine a wine barrel, red and/or white

I've got a 5g rum barrel from Farmhouse Supply, but haven't been successful finding a 5g wine barrel.

I am in virginia beach, VA. Will be in Longmont, CO. in a few months.

Back