• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Chest Freezer - $30 - Commerce Twp, MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheeseshark

Reaction score
Avanti Chest Freezer 7.1 cf

http://www.avantiproducts.com/manual/cf199.pdf

Outer - 34x22.5x34" Inner - 28.5x17.5x27"

The condenser works, but the thermostat does not work properly. The freezer will only run when you turn on the "Quick Freeze" switch. The "Quick Freeze" makes the condenser run continuously. This freezer would make a great kegerator, because you could turn on the "Quick Freeze" switch, and hook up a temperature controller to the plug.
<br><br>
IMAG0040.jpg

<br><br>
IMAG0039.jpg

<br><br>
IMAG0041.jpg

If its still available during the 4th of july weekend, I'll take it. I'll be over at that side of the state for the holiday and would take it on my way home (prolly Friday)

Bah...

Thanks for letting me know!

Consider yourself lucky - I'm the one who bought it and it no longer works. It powers on but never gets cold. The condensor gets too hot to even touch.

I don't blame the seller - for $30 I was willing to take a chance on it.

LOL you beat me to it and I was PISSED since I had plans to grab it on the 4th.

sorry tho. there was a GE in oxford/orion area on craig's for like $100 or so. I grabbed one from waterford/white lake for a $100 (ge 7.0) and have been very pleased. plenty of threads on that one and collar builds for it.

good luck

I ended up selling it for $20 to a guy who's a taxidermist. He's gonna put carcasses in it along with a bunch of flesh eating beetles that will munch on all the meat till only clean bones remain.

I ended up selling it for $20 to a guy who's a taxidermist. He's gonna put carcasses in it along with a bunch of flesh eating beetles that will munch on all the meat till only clean bones remain.

That's... gruesome.

Back