breweries in pa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not been to that brewery but I frequent Otto's brew pub in State College. They have excellent beer.
I was recently at a Meet The Brewer event featuring Lavery Brewery out of Erie (featured in the recent Draft Magazine). Jason the owner/brewer was on hand and was a very nice guy and the selection he brought were diverse and full of flavor from a smoked porter to a special bitter. It's a small brewery but welcomed visitors to see the brewery and offered to show how a brew day works given the timing was right.
There is a small brew pub called Elk Creek not far from State College in a small town called Millheim that has good food and good beer with odd hours of operation.
The Gamble Mill in Bellefonte has really good food and next week I'll try their new beer selection. I'm told their new head brewer is a former brewer from Dogfish Head. I'm looking forward to tasting his creations soon.

I was jw because I work at blue canoe and we have great food and great beers. Our brewer is very talented and the brewer who used to work there worked at straub beer and got their beer on point. Our brewer now used to brew at voodoo brewery also but split ways because it was very time consuming

I may have to check Blue canoe out!! I cant say I have tried any of your beers but I love checking out breweries in my area

Blue Canoe? Yeah, not bad! Sorry if this is a late addition- didn't read the replies. I've been in a few times. Food's acceptable, lager wasn't my favorite. IPA was average and the stout, if I remember (couple years ago) was average. But, I'll go back whenever I drop by Titusville. Kyle

edit: When I say average, I mean the beer was fine, definitely order another, but generally a little too mainstream. For example, IPA may have been lacking in hops for my idea of an IPA. Or the stout may've been not 'stouty' enough- thick, oaty. But, these are my tastes and I drink way more of my own beer than commercial so, my tastes are pretty tuned to my own brews.

If I remember right the beers have changed a tad atleast the class 5 apa and we have a few good beers on tap now like Joes electric bill, snickers stoudt, and dead monk

Off the top of my head, I know of Otto state college, marzonis altoona, yuengling pottsville, lancaster, troegs harrisburg, church brewery pittsburgh, east end pittsburgh, bullfrogs williamsport, erie brewery erie. Favorite beer from each one.
otto's slab cabin, marzoni's stone mason, yuengling's black n tan, lancaster's milk stout, troeg's mad elf / hop hog / Dreamweaver , church brewery *, east end's monkey boy, bullfrog's old toad, erie's drake's crude.

*can't remember

Back