Calling All San Francisco Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iandh

Reaction score
SF Beer Week is coming up quick, and I looking for some homebrewers to participate in an event.

I would like to organize several "Homebrew Walking Tours" to showcase some of the local homebrewers. The event idea is to lead about 15 people to three or four homebrewers' homes and allow each of the homebrewers to show off their system and discuss the style of beers they brew. The walk would end at bar for people to ask questions and socialize.

I think seeing everything from stove top systems to brutus 10 systems would encourage people to take up the hobby.

Here some of the proposed routes:
- Starting in Noe Valley and ending in the Mission at Shotwell's
- Starting in Castro and ending in lower Haight at Toronado
- North Beach area ending at Church Key
- Starting in Upper Haight and ending in Inner Sunset at Social Kitchen

So please let me know if you are interested in participating! I'll try and setup routes depending on who is interested.

-Ian
[email protected]

Man, I'd love to participate, but my system is unremarkable and I'm a bit south of the region anyway. That said, I'll be attending far too much of SF beer week anyway, so I'm posting to subscribe just to see what you end up doing :mug:.

Totally agree with you smagee, I'm thinking about taking the week off from work to fit in all the fun.

who do you plan guiding? People that have never brewed before, so that any kind of setup might be interesting? Or experienced brewers so that you'd like to get people doing elaborate stuff?

I think the tour needs to carter to both people who have never brewed before and more experienced brewers. Thats why I think its important to showcase stovetop brewers (making it accessible to new brewers) and more complex systems (cartering to people who want "geek out" on the technologically advanced systems).

It might be worthwhile to focus the tours on either area and not both, but I think thats dependent on the who is interested in opening their homes to a tour.

Back