22 oz. Bottles Carbonation threshold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildbeers

Reaction score
I want to bottle my Belgian style golden Strong to around 4 volumes. Are the 22 oz bottles able to handle higher carbonation volumes than the 12 oz bottles or is it really only the thicker belgian style 24oz bottles that are a safe bet?

I want to bottle my Belgian style golden Strong to around 4 volumes. Are the 22 oz bottles able to handle higher carbonation volumes than the 12 oz bottles or is it really only the thicker belgian style 24oz bottles that are a safe bet?

I have the same exact question about a year and a half later. Maybe some one can answer it this time around? Or maybe you found the answer yourself Wildbeers? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.:mug:

I had a bubbly cider naturally carbed to 4 vols in 22oz. A couple ended up bottle bombs but the ones that didn't stayed fine for years.

I'm pondering using coke bottles to carb my orval clone... i figure soda/pop is usually carbed pretty high. Can't remove their label without paint thinners, however.

Latest posts

Back