A little help for a Danish guy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PalleB

Reaction score
Hi Nice site you guys have here!

I'm not new to brewing, but i have a friend who has become Celiac.
When he told me, that he newer could have beer again, i panicked a bit first, then i started doing some research.
And found out about GF beer for the first time ever.

Then after finding this fine site, i will try to make a batch of GF IPA for him.
I will start with the IPA because i have a feeling that it will miss to much "beertaste" if it doesn't get the extra hop shot.
I have a feeling that flaked corn,buckwheat and oat also might be good for the beer?

But here in Denmark we dont have any special shops, where you can buy GF malt and syrups.(that i know of anyway)
And i dont know alot of the expressions you guys use, and my dictionaries (and Google translate) dont know them either?

So one of my questions is: What is Sorghum? (Where does it come from/what is it made of)
And what is Malto dextrine? (same info)

I hope you can help me a little, along the way.
Thanks.

Cheers
Palle

Thank you for that link!

Now i can track it down, but it still looks like i'll have to buy it from Usa?

Thank you for that link!

Now i can track it down, but it still looks like i'll have to buy it from Usa?

In australia I buy it from a shop who buy it from Briess in America. Speak to your local home brew store, they might be able to do a custom order for you.

Maltodextrine makes the body of the beer thicker, on here it's called mouthfeel (but that wont translate easily). It doesn't add any alcohol like simple sugars.

If it wasn't for a friend brewing me up some gluten free beer, I doubt I ever would have had the guts to start. Highly recommend doing this one http://gfhomebrewing.blogspot.com/2011/05/centennial-hopped-beer-brewing.html it was a Centennial Hop IPA based on the Two Hearts Ale clone in BYO clone brew magazine.

Thank you for clarifying things.

I will try to get my lokal "maltpusher" to get some sorghum to DK for me.

i'll also try out your recipe, it looks like the "only" thing i need from abroad is Sorghum.

Back