I'm In Home Brew Heaven!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revrand65

Reaction score
Well i just added some more to my arsenal...i had to get rid of the plastic bucket as a primary..went out and bought me a 6.5 gal carboy for primary..i like to watch all the action..in the last 2 months iv'e bought a used kegerater..which i had done a ton of work to..sandblasting and all..2 cornie kegs..and last week i purchased 2 more..right now i'm brewing kits only seeing how i don't have enough time to do a all grain brew which i plan on doing my first one this comming winter..iv'e been useing muntons kits...they are ok but i'm really wanting to do a all grain...i will be posting pics of everything soon..in the last 2 months iv'e cooked up a scottish heavy ale,scottish old ale,export pilsner, i have a wheat beer in the secondary and a nut brown ale in the primary..i'm excited about the wheat and nut brown as i like them both but never have tasted them as a home brew..iv'e allways used sprayed malt extract..i like the rich flavor..but i was thinking of trying something useing brewers suger just to see what the difference would be...i'm not very fond of the cidery taste or the skunk smell..is this what i can expect from useing brew suger...i have a million questions ...another one is .i read a lot of people are brewing in closets,sounds a little crazy to me..now i know commercial brewers use brown bottles because something happens from contact with light..as in beer that smells like skunk piss..please excuse me if i'm rambling on but i'm drinking my botched brew from a couple weeks ago..it's not that good but hey it makes for a killer BUZZZZ! the og was 1070 and it finished at 1012 i'm figureing it is about 8 1/2 % i call it my boot to the head brew! i'm on my fifth pint and i think it's time to count sheep mmmmm sheeep!!!!later the REVRAND!:drunk:

Sir, you are all over the lot! :drunk:

If this was the "Equipment" forum I'd say, "We need pictures of your kegerator work!" But alas, it is not.

Seeing how this is the "Extract Brewing" forum I'd have to recommed you perfect your extract brewing techniques, possibly moving past kits and formulating your own recipes before moving to AG. It will put you more in touch with the process before adding more variables.

And in closing I simply say:

"Boot To The Head."

:p

Wow... I can't believe I read all that and actually understood what the hell you were talking about! (no offense mate, but it was obvious you had a pint or two, I do it all the time =)

Back