Bands you should like, but don't.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
Lynyrd Skynyrd :

They are good, I KNOW they are good....I just can't stand to listen to them because of those terrible whiney vocals. Freebird is often touted as America's answer to Stairway to Heaven. I think it is right up there with it. Except for that horrible whining vocal that ruins the first half of the song! Jeez! hurry up and get to the second half! All their other songs are the same. Good musicians, good songs, lousy vocals.

Rush:

As above. Vocals are like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I have more, I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :)

As Issac Brock of Modest Mouse said..."life is too short to listen too or play Freebird"..."if this was a make a wish foundation and your last wish was for us to play Freebird we still wouldn't play it"...

The Rolling Stones:

Found their niche around 1970 and refused to evolve. You can only listen to the same old crap for so long, Mick.

Bill Evans Trio

"Live at the Village Vanguard" is a highly revered session. But for me, it just doesn't swing.

The Doors:

Now, I like pretentious, I really do, but they were hyped up vaudeville pansies. I have more rock in my gall bladder than Morrison had in his entire penis.

ELP:

Another pretentious band I should like. Unfortunately they never had enough brain cells to do pretentious properly. The lyrics do not HAVE to rhyme every single time! Keyboard heavy too. I can listen to them, but not for long before i start pulling out my lower intestine. If they wanted to do pretentious properly, they should have taken notes from early Genesis.

This thread is pure heresy......well, except for Rush and Guns n' Roses.

Rubber: They are just too stretchy.

Wedding: They get in the way of adulterous behaviour.

Waist: Getting too small for my line.

Rush. I was going to feel sorry for posting that, but it seems I have brothers in arms. Oh yeah, Dire Straits too. Except for Sultans of Swing. That's a classic.

And Zep rocks. They get a free pass because they are fairly eclectic. You might not like all their songs, but they do enough different music that there are plenty of good songs in their list.

Not big on the Beatles or Elvis. Must be a generational thing. Not huge on the Stones either. Some is ok. Just never thought that all of those bands were that good. I guess they were popular for some other reasons (actually the Beatles are ok, but not as good as their popularity suggests they should be.)

The Doors. A Great Poet, average band.

GNR was REAL good. Until their second album!

And RUSH...

U2 (The Joshua Tree is the only thing I can listen to)
Red Hot Chili Peppers (I do dig the basslines tho)
Black Eyed Peas (3 lines, repeated, and set to Hip Hop does NOT make good music)
Rolling Stones (just never cared for them much)
Aerosmith (early stuff was Okay)

there is a local radio station that has "beatle's for breakfast" on the weekend. I didn't realize how bad most of their stuff was until I got stuck listening to it for 2 hours one morning. After a couple big hits not much there.

Ah yes, and those pseudo rock classic people. Hmmm Trans Siberian wotsits and the other ones I can't remember right now. Fake crap. They should have taken notes from ELO about classic/rock transition.

there is a local radio station that has "beatle's for breakfast" on the weekend. I didn't realize how bad most of their stuff was until I got stuck listening to it for 2 hours one morning. After a couple big hits not much there.

I can understand the Beatles objections. I'm just in too deep with them to dig my way out though.

Latest posts

Back