Auber pid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippielink

Reaction score
Has anyone have any experience with the auber 1/32 din pid? Thinking about picking one up for my HLT and was wondering if it a good product.

Has anyone have any experience with the auber 1/32 din pid? Thinking about picking one up for my HLT and was wondering if it a good product.

Yea,
I've got one. It's pretty easy once you get it figured out...
Mine came with outdated instructions and I was ready to see how 220 would work on the RTD inputs. Then rational me took over again, and I emailed them - They replied with much better instructions, and I was off to the races.

It's solid enough. Not industrial quality, but not $200 either! It should serve you fine.

I've got another of their pids for my rims tube & it has worked so far without any problems. It's so much cheaper than a love controller, I was worried it was a piece of junk. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

Yea,
I've got one. It's pretty easy once you get it figured out...
Mine came with outdated instructions and I was ready to see how 220 would work on the RTD inputs. Then rational me took over again, and I emailed them - They replied with much better instructions, and I was off to the races.

It's solid enough. Not industrial quality, but not $200 either! It should serve you fine.

SweetSounds....

I've always wondered about those PIDs with the single display. Do they normally show you the actual measured temp (from probe) until you touch the buttons to make an adjustment to the set value?

SweetSounds....

I've always wondered about those PIDs with the single display. Do they normally show you the actual measured temp (from probe) until you touch the buttons to make an adjustment to the set value?

Yep. Exactly what mine does.

If you click the up or down buttons (Without hitting "Menu" first) it will change the set point. After 8 seconds, it goes back to the measured temperature.

Ok, I'm draggin an old thread back from the dead because I would like some more info on this.

I talked to Kal (theelectricbrewery.com) and he said he chose the PID that he did from Auber because of the Fuzzy Logic and Manual mode.

I don't have a clue what "Fuzzy Logic" means other than it's more precise maybe?

I hope to be able to use the 1/32 DIN PID from Auber as a temp controller in the eBIAB control panel I'm building. I don't really have the real estate for the 1/16 DIN PID, so the little guy would be nice if it performs the same.

It will be used in conjunction with a PWM that I'm building so I don't need the manual mode, but I don't know if the lack of "Fuzzy Logic" would pose a problem as far as a solid control for mash temps etc.

I will probably use a cheap ebay copy to monitor temps when using the PWM, and then use the Auber to control temps for the mash.

I know all the gizmos are probably excessive for a simple electric boil kettle, but I quite enjoy building all these toys and it just looks cool to have a bunch of dials and switches. . .

So, anyone know why the 1/32 DIN PID from Auber wouldn't work for this purpose and how much different it would be from the 1/16 PID that is so popular on here for control panels?

Back