Just got my first Gary Fisher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willynilly

Reaction score
I love it... I cannot believe how amazing it rides and how damn fast it is... I mean extremely light weight and extremely fast. Riding it is like riding on a rail, solid... I am very pleased with my Bday present!!!!

It is a 17.5" Gary Fisher Kaitai and it is a 29er
Kaitai.jpg

Anyone else with any Gary Fisher experience here? I hope I grow to love this bike as much as I THINK I will. :mug:

Congrats on the GF!

I bought myself a Titus Racer X this spring. Loving everything about it!

Congrats on the GF!

I bought myself a Titus Racer X this spring. Loving everything about it!

Note I said my "first". There will be more :mug:

I love the bike, looking forward to getting back on it... it is f'ing fast.

This was a birthday gift

willynilly,
just curious how tall are you and this this your first 29r. I am still having sizing issues and can't make my mind up. very nice ride.
enjoy

jason

willynilly,
just curious how tall are you and this this your first 29r. I am still having sizing issues and can't make my mind up. very nice ride.
enjoy

jason

I am 5'11", the bike is a 17.5" and this IS my first 29er

I have been researching bikes a while, and love the concept of the 29er for the riding that I do.

The bike shop owner looked at me and knew what size I would need, the guy is good, plus they offer great service for what they sell. They only sell Trek, Gary Fisher and Felt bikes.

The speed of this bike when you open it up is insane, once I get my computer calibrated I will have to get some #s

Got my first 20 mile ride on it today after work, it is sick compared to the bikes I used to ride. I love the concept of the 29er, it will take some time before I can say for myself how valuable it is. I can already say that the stability difference is noticeable in the first 2 minutes on the bike. Love the disc brakes too.

My full squish hi fi deluxe looks exactly like this one.
hifi_dlx.jpg

It's a 19" and I am afraid it is just a little too big for me. Had to put a smaller stem on it to move my weight back a bit. Other than that it is stupid light, flies like a rocket, and straight up carves. I've been using it for cross country and some light free ride. All stock except for the stem and VelociRaptor rubber. I drove 1100 miles round trip in one day to pick it up in Marietta Ga.

If you're fairly knew to the whole scene pricepoint.com is the place to pick up gear at a reasonable price. I would support my LBS but they all cater to roadies... bleh! :)P)

That is a nice bike

Mine is not a mountain bike, it is a hybrid, and I do prefer hardtails Errr, or full suspension with lockout

Back