Syracuse, ny - round 8 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Copyright1997-

I might be interested in a roasted barley split or some other type of dark specialty grain. Let me know what you want to do.
I just took the other half.
Keith - do you know if we are able to purchase the bottle caps through them? 10k would certainly last me for quite some time.....
I tried to get bottle caps through the Pittsburgh group buy (since I knew I would be traveling there this past summer). Country Malt wouldn't allow those as part of the order.
There might be a small opportunity to actually push the order through this month. We are working with TwoGunz on maybe pushing this up but nothing official yet. And at the current rate of the order, I could actually see this closing out next week. Just giving the heads up.
This is actually bad news. I have bunches and bunches of grain, but put some placeholders in (which I would commit to) given a November delivery. If it is a lot earlier, I might have to reassess what I would get. Not saying I would withdraw from the buy, but would have to scramble to see what specific grains I want and how many...
Added a split of Golden Promise if anyone wants half a bag. Good for Scottish ales!
1/2 a bag isn't enough....go for the entire sack! It's a base malt, good for a bunch of stuff, like MO but a bit sweeter. :)

This is actually bad news. I have bunches and bunches of grain, but put some placeholders in (which I would commit to) given a November delivery. If it is a lot earlier, I might have to reassess what I would get. Not saying I would withdraw from the buy, but would have to scramble to see what specific grains I want and how many...

Fair enough, nothing is set yet. We are just looking into it.

Just a reminder guys, post in this forum when ever you add anything to the sheet so people can see when new things are added.

Thanks!

I still have a split for Canadian malt Munich open. Just need one more person to fill it up.

****, i can buy kegs for 30$ from my bottle shop and could deliver them up to the grain buy pick up. Don't waste 70 on that ****.

Crushing my grain tonight for the pumpkin ale I'm going to brew this weekend and I killed both of my drill batteries. Now I gotta wait until they charge again. Haha oh well

just brewed 2 pumpkin ales 1 extract with S04 brown sugar and spices, and 1 all grain with pumpkin, molasses and spices with denny's favorite 50.

Just added my order to the google doc. Thanks again for putting this together.:tank:

27.5# Rye split
27.5# Munich split
2 Sacks of 2-row
2 Sacks of Marris Otter
1LB-Columbus
1LB-Williamette
1LB-Aramis
2LB-Cascade

EDIT: To post my order

Added 2 open half bag splits (splits 14-15) and also added 5 third bag splits to the sheet (also open).

Added another sack of 2ROW. Figure better to stock up now since the next order wont be until April (when the snow goes away).

109 bags in 8 days!

Looks like this may close sooner rather than later? However this goes I'm ready.

13 bags to go!

Lets get this closed up in the next few days! We will not be going to a 4th pallet, so 124 is our limit for this order. Been talking to Cidah and TwoGunz and I think we are leaning to closing the order up asap and having pickup near the end of this month/start of Oct.

If the pick up ends up being the first weekend in october that would be perfect for me. I will be in Cazenovia that Saturday for a wedding. Just saying...

Completed the flaked corn split and add my bags. If anyone wants to do some more splits I am open to trying some new grain, and I'll do a DME 1/3 if anyone is interested. Also, anyone looking for some Star San? I'll take 2 gallons, if anyone wants some. Anyway I can get an lb of Irish moss?

brehuh said:
Completed the flaked corn split and add my bags. If anyone wants to do some more splits I am open to trying some new grain, and I'll do a DME 1/3 if anyone is interested. Also, anyone looking for some Star San? I'll take 2 gallons, if anyone wants some. Anyway I can get an lb of Irish moss?

There is a star san split open that you can close. In fact, please do!

Sorry, we cant do splits on DME. The stuff is too nasty to split. If you want to coordinate something outside the buy you are welcome but you'll have to add the whole bag under your name.

Guys! Lets try to get this all closed up by the end of today! So add in your last minute items and try to close open splits if possible. TwoGuns, Cidah, and I are discussing current plans on ordering/pickup dates. Looks like we are going to try to target an earlier pickup than the originally planned Nov time frame. Nothing is set yet, but when we know more we will let you all know.

THE BUY IS FULL

We have room for current open splits, so please close these if you can. The following are the final open splits:

GW-DEXT - 1/2 bag open
HU-90WLT (Willamette) - 3 lbs open
HU-90TNG (Tettnang) - 5 lbs open
HU‐90ARM (Aramis) - 3 lbs open
StarSan - 1 gallon open

But DO NOT add any new items other than the above splits!

Just ordered 1 bag of 2 row a bag of Vienna a bag of pilsner and a bag of wheat.but my name did not auto populate down.

So here is our plan of action for this buy:

140ak9d.gif

Important dates:
BUY CLOSES - 10 PM TODAY (9/10)
DEPOSIT INFO EMAILED - 9/11
ALL DEPOSITS IN CIDAH'S HANDS - 9/19
ORDER PICKUP - SAT 9/29

Anyone for buffalo going for the Syracuse pick up maybe we could coordinate something let me know if anyone is interested.

Is there any way I can schedule a different pick up day? I have a pre-existing arrangement that day. Let me know if there is something I can work out.

Back