uline kegerator remodel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j3cub56

Reaction score
picked up a used BC55 model Uline kegerator, with nice aluminum bottle pretty full of gas plus pony keg shell and sanke tap. the tower looks rough, has a tap rite stamp on faucet. beer line needs replacing, cause i don't know if it has been cleaned ever! the sanke tap has a wingnut style yellow colored handle. no brand name- can I disconnect lines and soak it to clean it up- or should I buy a new one?

regulator has a single gauge with a "Banner" brand marking on the gauge itself. Banner on the shut off valve- i wonder if this regulator controls back flow?

the tower and faucet i think i will replace with a good perlick faucet- either buy a tower or make the DIY one from this forum- along with copper tubes for cooling lines. The beer line has stainless 90 elbows where it attaches to faucet- could reuse those maybe.

already have a 3 tap keezer for the homebrew- this little unit i intend to use primarily for sanke kegs when my brewing time is limited and i am being lazy!:drunk:

any thoughts on the uline- not finding much info on them. or any of these components and their quality?

I have a BC55. It was formerly for sanke kegs but I converted it to hold two corneys. The tap is coming out the door but there isn't room for a second shank so I'm also considering the tower. Had to replace the door gasket which U-Line doesn't sell anymore. I think the customer service guy said he'd been working at U-Line for at least 20 years and the BC55 was discontinued when he started. It seems like a good quality unit. Runs fairly quiet.

I tried to find service manuals without success. Carefully drilled a hole in the back for gas line and I was wondering what's in the top or how to get it off. Does yours have the freezer section folded flat against the back and top like this? https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9gbV5VUu1kXJ4mjlwbjNmA?feat=directlink
I don't know if this thing has any coils in the walls. Assuming there aren't, I have about 9.5" inches from the front edge to get a hole in for a tower.

Can't comment on the other hardware. Mine came with a nasty old hoff-stevens coupler.

Latest posts

Back