Need Peach cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickmpower

Reaction score
So I'm moving into a house next year that's nicknamed "Peach". Move in is July 1st so its about I start perfecting a peach cider.

Has anyone found a reasonably priced Peach concentrate? I didn't find any at Safeway.

What about something like Goya or Kearn's Peach Nectar? Though they might contain a lot of corn syrup

I tell you what, if I was gonna start somewhere based on what I thought about experimenting with something....I would take enough canned pears to get a gallons worth of liquid and ferment with some S-04.

If I really wanted to make it fancy I might steep 4oz of crystal 10l and 1 oz of torrified wheat in some water and add that as well.

I'll prolly end up trying it if you don't.

I found some white cran peach juice, but it has citric acid and sodium citrate in it, are these ok?

I've thought about using some Welches White Grape Peach juice to make some peach "cider"- the ingredients say apple, grape, and peach concentrates, so that is pretty close. The juice tastes good anyways. Perhaps adding some fresh peaches to the fermenter would get it closer?

I've thought about using some Welches White Grape Peach juice to make some peach "cider"- the ingredients say apple, grape, and peach concentrates, so that is pretty close. The juice tastes good anyways. Perhaps adding some fresh peaches to the fermenter would get it closer?

Yeah I actaully bought a half gallon of that to see what it taste like. Tastes pretty much like apple juice to me

Yeah, it tastes like apple juice with a little bit of peach flavor/aftertaste. It wouldn't really be peachy enough on it's own to make a decent peach drink I would think, but it could be a start. I'll probably get around to making a tester batch of it at some point to see what kind of result I get :drunk:

Hm... pardon the dumb ideas, they were on sale, so I got plenty...

How about a can (or more) of "peaches in light syrup" or "peaches in..." (however they pass pear/apple-sweetened juice)? Peaches in a blender, peaches in a carboy...

I assume that the peaches would congregate on the bottom w/ the spent yeast, and be easily bypassed when you racked it.

Oh, or frozen peaches... sometimes carried near the frozen desserts.

i used canned pears in a pear/apple cider. i blended them up and added to the primary. the bits of pear never dropped, they stayed at the top and took up a lot of room. flavor seems good though its young. i would go with whatever apple/peach base juice and add fresh or frozen fruit to the secondary instead of the canned.

Back