Bottle Filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gonzoflick said:
I've bought the delux kit from heartshomebrew.com and I dont understand the use of this (which is included in my kit).
http://www.heartshomebrew.com/home_....17952*io2K72&p_id=7801&xm=on&ppinc=dave2full

it is a bottle filler.

Well, after you get a siphon going, that special tip makes it so beer comes out only as you press the end of that "wand" on to the bottom of the bottle. When you lift up, the spring valve in the tip closes and you move to the next bottle. Ad nauseum...ad infinitum....

OK well I was planning siphoning into a bucket and then using the spigot for bottling. How do I get a siphon going and then interrupt it to put this filler tube on?

Siphon into your bottling bucket. Attach your hose and bottle filler to the spigot of your bottling bucket. Put the bottle filler in a bottle and then open up the spigot on the bucket (leave this open). As long as the bottle filler is pressed down in a bottle it will fill. When you lift up, it will stop and let you move it to another bottle. It's really very simple - you'll see when you do it.

Cheers!

I added a clamp to my bottling hose. I never have enough room to bottle all of my bottles at once. I usually bottle 12, cap 12 and move on to the next 12. I just clamp the hose, place the bottle filler in a sanatized bottle and put it on the counter next to the bottling bucket.

I figure it is easier then trying to open and close the spigot.

Back