Baby Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin886

Reaction score
So we're having out first kid in May and I want to brew a beer to celebrate. Now the question is - what do I brew? I want it to be more "special", but nothing too outlandish. My wife loves hoppy beers, but I made an IPA for our wedding last year, and was thinking of not doing one for this. I'm more of a dark beer person. Black IPA? I don't have the equipment to lager, but does anyone have a good "special occasion" beer they've brewed?

Congrats on the first!! Seeing as you have 6 months I would brew up as many batches as you can before the kid comes so you can give him/her all your free time for the first couple months.. anyways.. a good imperial stout or wee heavy or barley wine is great for births and you have plenty time for one of those..
:mug:

milk stout's pretty funny, but I like the idea

barley wine and wee heavy are also solid ideas

might need to make a few test batches soon, so I can work out any kinks. hmm... where to start...

Our first is due in late April, and I'll be doing a Saison. I chose that style since it will be spring/summer and I'll be able to share it with my BMC friends. Plus, it's one I haven't done before and it's a little different.

Latest posts

Back