Where the hell am I?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMan1029

Reaction score
Ever travel to place (business or otherwise) and ask yourself, where the hell am I? The cultural differences are so drastic that you feel like you've stepped into an alternative universe? Well, I can sympathize. Greetings from northern Minnesota....complete with chicks built like linebackers and a distinct "Fargo style" accent and dialect.

Ever travel to place (business or otherwise) and ask yourself, where the hell am I? The cultural differences are so drastic that you feel like you've stepped into an alternative universe? Well, I can sympathize. Greetings from northern Minnesota....complete with chicks built like linebackers and a distinct "Fargo style" accent and dialect.

Ha! Funny. I'm sure the minnesota'ns wont think so.

I felt that way in japan and china.

I grew up in southern Minnesota. Moving to Massachusetts for college was the most surreal experience of my life. During my first six months, I thought everyone — from classmates to store clerks — was mad at me all the time. Then I realized that's just how people in New England talk.

passedpawn said:

For the record, I am not knocking minnesota'ns. They are super nice people, eh?

I'm getting a fair share of "eh's" where I'm at. Know where Hibbing is?

Extremely well. My cousin works for the city. What in the name of god has brought you there?

(I don't know of any good beer spots up there, but you're close enough to the twin cities that you'll probably get the beer from there. Plenty of good options...)

MalFet said:
Extremely well. My cousin works for the city. What in the name of god has brought you there?

(I don't know of any good beer spots up there, but you're close enough to the twin cities that you'll probably get the beer from there. Plenty of good options...)

My eagerness to keep earning my meager wages brought me here. "you are sending me WHERE for a week"?

I've been drinking my fair share of fat tire. Generally not available back in PA. So, I'm thankful for that. I honestly can't complain about the people. They are nice, but the do have that accent that makes me think I could be watching Fargo or Strange Brew...but a real like reenactment

My eagerness to keep earning my meager wages brought me here. "you are sending me WHERE for a week"?

I've been drinking my fair share of fat tire. Generally not available back in PA. So, I'm thankful for that. I honestly can't complain about the people. They are nice, but the do have that accent that makes me think I could be watching Fargo or Strange Brew...but a real like reenactment

We're a round, gentle folk.

If you can get a Summit Pale Ale, give it a shot. It's nothing particularly shocking, but Minnesotans drink it like other places drink Bud. If you're looking for something more adventurous, Surly makes some damn fine beers.

MalFet said:
We're a round, gentle folk.

If you can get a Summit Pale Ale, give it a shot. It's nothing particularly shocking, but Minnesotans drink it like other places drink Bud. If you're looking for something more adventurous, Surly makes some damn fine beers.

Had a few summit epa's last night. Not shocking, pretty balanced. Very drinkable. Will see if I can my hands on some Surly. Thanks for the tip! You know what's really awesome about Minnesota? They are taking the Yankees to task again tonight

passedpawn said:

They have chicks built like linebackers in China? Who knew!?

some good advice my father gave me was a little explanation of his sunrise salutation exercise - he said " son - every day when i open my eyes, the first thing that i think is "where the f++k am i?", then the next thing i think is "how the the f++K did i get here?", then i do my best to find something i can find my reflection in, something that makes me come into contact with my own being- and i look myself right in the gut and i think "WHO the f==k am i?". my yogi old man (former marine -two tours as a radio op in nam) told me the best thing about life is to be curious about your surroundings, even better to be baffled by them. i believe him...

Back