Wine Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgian Novice2

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a couple of nice and not so nice tasting kits I have tried:

Grand Cru Select International (BC) Pinot Noir - great tasting kit. Aged it for about 9 months so that helped but really nice wine.

Vintners Reserve Australian Grenache blend - expensive select wine from Midwest. Good wine but don't think it was worth the extra $50 or so from a regular Grand Cru Select.

Grand Cru Savinougn Blanc - just bottled after bulk aging for 1 month. Not that great as of right now and hopefully with a few months in the bottle it will get better. Taste like a cheap Woodbridge at this point.

Georgian Novice2 said:
Grand Cru Savinougn Blanc - just bottled after bulk aging for 1 month. Not that great as of right now and hopefully with a few months in the bottle it will get better. Taste like a cheap Woodbridge at this point.
I'm no wine expert but isn't that an extremely young wine? I'd say it is way too early to judge.
Thanks for the reviews. :mug:

I don't give any kit wine a "true" evaluation until at least one year in the bottle for whites and 2 years in the bottle for reds. Some reds closer to three years.

Back