Need help finding Russian River Beer near San Francisco!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgough

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm headed up to San Francisco today from San Jose. Does anyone know where I can find Pliny or Blind Pig in S.F??? I've been on their website and seen their distributing list, but was just wondering if anyone knew of a place that has it for sure.

Toronado is drink only $3.50 Pliney during happy hour. You can do both at City Beer.
I'm sure someone who lives there can give you better reccs. But I posted in case y0ou needed the info asap.

If you hit City Beer, you can have the best of both worlds. They're a kind of "bottle shop pub" that will let you crack open a bottle in the store or buy it to take with you. They also have a good stock of both the IPAs and a bunch of the "-tion" Belgian-style beers. They don't have much on tap, but you can be sure that what they have will be good.

I'm not sure about the ones in SF, but the Whole Foods in Oakland keeps a nice stock of Russian River stuff, too, and their prices are really good.

Yet another +1 for Toronado. Go during the day, order a sausage at Rosamunde next door, eat it while drinking one of the many fine beers on tap. They also have a fantastic happy hour. Almost all beers $3-$3.50. It's where I had my first Pliny.

From what I remember Toronado has something like 46 beers on tap. Great place. It's where I discovered Lagunitas and a lot of others long ago.

There's a hotel about a ten minute walk from there if you're inclined to drink a lot there. I've stayed there a number of times just to drink at Toro's. If you park on the street overnight, though, pay attention to the street sweeper signs and such. They ticket you as soon as you're over the time.

Haight Street and Ashbury Lodging in San Francisco | The Metro Hotel

Latest posts

Back