Firkin Home brew sg required

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipbr21054

Reaction score
Please advise what the finished sg gravity will be for the firkin home brew tin shown.
The instructions are on the back of the label and where it should tell me there is something on the label so i cant read it.
I phoned the shop but they did not know and have no more.
If anyone has made this before please advise
Thanks very much.
966.jpg

That's a pretty hard question to answer just by the info you have given us. I'm probably not the one to calculate it for you, I'll let someone much more experienced than me help you with specific numbers. But, I do know that they are going to need the OG and the yeast strain or characteristics at least to help you out.

The og was 1044,i just thought that someone who has made this before will know as it is printed on the back of the label.Just quote me that will be fine..

The final gravity will be whatever it is anyway. Don't rely on the tin, even if you could read it. Use a hydrometer, and wait til the readings are the same for a few days in a row. I'd just give it 2 weeks in the primary before even peeking though.

I'd say android is in the right ballpark, but the correct thing to do is use your hydrometer. Like BioBeing said, take readings a couple days apart. If they are the same it is done fermenting.

Ok the reasons i asked apart from the label being damaged was that i made this beer a few months ago and it came out perfect apart from a small head.No yeast in the bottom of the bottle when i was pouring.I was trying to remember how long i left it in the primary before i moved it to secondary or what the sg was as i cant see why no yeast was present in the bottom of the bottle but carbination took place ok as plenty of bubbles rising and thought i would try and get it again without any yeast in the bottle.

Took a reading this morning and was 1.010 i will check over the next few days and track its progress if i then think it is time to move to secondary i will do so.
Working on the 1,2,3 brewing method why would you leave it in the seconday bin for 2 weeks ? will the small amount of yeast present in the bin then sink to the bottom over 2 weeks so when i then bottle it i just take over the beer/sugar solution ? cant see how it will then carbonate when capped if the yeast is left behind in the bottom of the secondary bin.

Back