Denison's Weissbier Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Reaction score
I'm looking for a clone recipe for this fabulous Weissbier. Anyone have any recipes or thoughts on what could possibly replicate it?

Haven't had it, but if you post whatever you remember about its flavor and aroma, we might be able to give you something to start with. Weissbiers typically don't have as much variation in the style as, say Pale Ales, so if it tasted pretty 'typical', then I've got a solid Hefe recipe that I've brewed a few times.

Haven't had it, but if you post whatever you remember about its flavor and aroma, we might be able to give you something to start with. Weissbiers typically don't have as much variation in the style as, say Pale Ales, so if it tasted pretty 'typical', then I've got a solid Hefe recipe that I've brewed a few times.

I'd love to try your hefe recipe!

Mine is very simple, and pretty tasty.

5lb Wheat Malt
5lb Munich Malt
(preferably Weyerman on both)
Mash at 150-152F for 1 hour

Hallertaur at 60min to hit about 14IBU (typically about 1oz depending on the AA%)

WLP380 Hefeweizen IV - 1qt starter
Ferment at 64F for a few days and let it rise as high as 66-67F to finish

Can be drunk fresh (14-16 days from brewing) but needs a little time in the keg (a week maybe) to really come together.

The Munich malt gives it a nice bready aroma that goes well with the wheat, and also a touch of body that you might traditionally get from a labor-intensive decoction mash. The WLP380 with that single infusion mash gives a nice blend of banana and clove/spice flavors, without either dominating.

This is a very straightforward Hefe. Very easy to brew and to drink. Enjoy!

Mine is very simple, and pretty tasty.

5lb Wheat Malt
5lb Munich Malt
(preferably Weyerman on both)
Mash at 150-152F for 1 hour

Hallertaur at 60min to hit about 14IBU (typically about 1oz depending on the AA%)

WLP380 Hefeweizen IV - 1qt starter
Ferment at 64F for a few days and let it rise as high as 66-67F to finish

Can be drunk fresh (14-16 days from brewing) but needs a little time in the keg (a week maybe) to really come together.

The Munich malt gives it a nice bready aroma that goes well with the wheat, and also a touch of body that you might traditionally get from a labor-intensive decoction mash. The WLP380 with that single infusion mash gives a nice blend of banana and clove/spice flavors, without either dominating.

This is a very straightforward Hefe. Very easy to brew and to drink. Enjoy!

This looks excellent :) I actually just starting brewing a 5lb wheat/5lb munich last week! I tried doing a decoction too and got 86.7% efficiency, by far my highest yet. I will try again though with your hop selection and yeast, would love a banana and clove/spice flavour!

Back