Anyone use Envirotex Lite????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigPatBrewer

Reaction score
So I am almost done with my kegerator build:https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/wood-covered-kegerator-build-267001/

I want to pour Envirotex Lite over the pennies to build up a nice surface. I was wondering, has anyone used this stuff? My worries are about keeping it in the right temperature range and fumes. Can I pour it in the morning outside (70 degrees)with a cover over it and then bring it inside(78) overnight? Are the fumes too strong to keep this inside? I don't have a garage and my place is pretty small. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've used this stuff a lot in my wargaming hobby to make scenic water features like rivers and ponds. The fumes aren't strong at all so I wouldnt worry about that. Regardless of where you allow it to dry, make sure it's covered the whole time or any spec of dust or fly that lands on it will be part of it forever.

Two words of advice:
-Mix it REALLY WELL. Make sure it is thoroughly mixed before pouring or you might end upwith stucky, uncured patches.
-After pouring it, breathe on the surface gently. This makes the air bubbles disappear. Do this several times until all the bubbles are gone.

Good luck. It's a great product.

How much of this stuff should I mix up? I am covering an area a little less than 2ftx2ft. I was looking to pour it about 1/4 inch thick.

How much of this stuff should I mix up? I am covering an area a little less than 2ftx2ft. I was looking to pour it about 1/4 inch thick.

That would be 144 cubic inches, which is just a hair under 10 cups or 5 pints. I don't know if that stuff shrinks when it cures though...

Cheers!

I ended up using a 16oz. kit. Any less wouldn't have been enough. It covered everything by about 1/8", maybe a little less. I'll take a picture when I get home tonight.

I tried breathing on it and also used a straw. It was taking forever and wasn't working that well. I ended up using a small propane torch to pop the bubbles and that worked great. My advice would be not to use this stuff without a torch. My project was pretty small. I can't imagine how long it would take on something like a full bar top without a torch.

The torch is what I used - worked great. I used epoxy on both surfaces (upper and lower) of my bar surface. Was pretty crazy, but I got it done.

I saw pro's do that stuff one day on some new tables at the hooter's near me, they appeared to use a spray bottle with alcohol in it... I guess in front of people, their insurance would not let them use flames... maybe it keeps the surface from skinning over?

Back