Can't wait for the deliveries to start

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeediver

Reaction score
Today I started ordering my parts to basically copy Kal's Electric Brewery. I figure why try and reinvent the wheel.

I ordered two 20 gallon Blichmanns, I will use a converted keg I have from sabeco as an HLT. I also ordered everything to get the kettles set up with Herms and such. I will order the stuff for the hoses, another pump and the stuff for the control panel later.

Barry

I'm in the same boat here coffee...well actually the oposite boat.

I ordered all my parts for the Panel first and am currently wiring it (GET THE RATCHETING CRIMPERS!!! trust me) and I just recently started placing orders for the actual brew section stuff.

Figure by the time I finish the wiring (it's a tight fit in my box as I added some things) the Bliches should be here.

Although I'm still deciding if I want to go Tri-Clover Camlocks or those MoreBeer SS QD's...

best days my ass...I'm draining my corny's at a rate I may not have compensated for...now I'm starting to feel a time constraint

I think I have about another month or two before I might have to consider either rationing the good stuff...or buying commercial...

best days my ass...I'm draining my corny's at a rate I may not have compensated for...now I'm starting to feel a time constraint

I think I have about another month or two before I might have to consider either rationing the good stuff...or buying commercial...

I was worried about exactly that, so I'm building my new system from the ground up, then I'll sell my old propane stuff when the e-brewery is up and running.

A few packages in the mail yesterday. Got my pids, ssrs and rtd's yesterday along with a few other odds and ends.

Although I do appreciate their looking out for me, my credit card company put a freeze on my account when I purchased so much stuff so it took me a few calls and had to get Norther Brewer to put through the charge for the Blingmanns again.

Barry

Saturday my 5500w elements arrived. I picked up a 60" unfinished sink base at Lowe's with a 6' counter top. Also picked up some odds and ends to start running the 50amp run to the man cave. I also ordered most of the rest of the stuff I will need to finish my set up. Have not been this excited to see what the mail/fed-ex/ups has brought in a long time.

Barry

Got my 2 Blingman 20 gal pots delivered this morning. On Wednesday, I got my control panel box and have been receiving multiple packages every day. I need to stop at the HD and pick up some 10/3 wire and can start punching holes in the Blingmans for the heating elements and the converted keg I already had for the HLT with the HERMS coil. I am copying "The Electric Brewery" from Kal for inspiration. I say "why re-invent the wheel when someone has gone the extra-ordinary steps and given you all directions and a complete shopping list. The only thing I will not be able to re-create is his absolute awesomeness.

Barry

Post pictures! I love seeing how people have interpreted my instructions. I've received a few so far from others and it's a really freaky feeling of 'deja-vu' to see someone build something that's really similar! :)

I also want to eventually put together a "gallery" section of setups that are similar. Should be interesting!

Kal

I had to go on vacation to Arizona for a week so the build was put off a little, hopefully will start again in a couple of days.

Barry

Back