My Fermentation Cabinet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbradford

Reaction score
Just got this armoire this week, and I love it!

I live in a basement apartment in the mountains, and the weather and lack of garage pretty much forced me to come up with an indoor storage solution. SWMBO doesn't even mind as it is better than her having to stare at buckets in the corner of the living room...

http://picasaweb.google.com/108488725530733315820/20100416?authkey=Gv1sRgCMrezceB7uqcTw#

I have only brewed 7 batches or so in the past, but have ingredients for 5 more on hand and hope to soon get my electric keggle and keg mash tun.

The bottom compartment will soon be converted to fermentation/lagering cabinet.

:off:

Wow, I bet you reach a boil quicker at 10,000 feet than I do at 2,500 feet :)

Does boiling at 195F affect your hop utilization?

Empty box for bottles...don't think i've drank a mich ultra ever...pbr on the otherhand

I started several threads about the 10,000 feet issue...Havn't considered the hop utilization part. The consensus is that the boil is the same as far as evaporation, my issues tend to be with software like beersmith not understanding that I can't add water at 212, gets a little confusing. As far as the time, I don't think it takes that much time to go from 195 to 212, maybe 5 minutes.

Back