The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks and thanks for the VM Paul. We were a bit hectic and I just walked in the door.

It was pretty cool. Long brew day and we had a not-that-long list of hiccups but nothing that affected the beer. Frank was like a proud new dad all day and took all sorts of pics. I dont have any unfortunately or I would toss a couple up.

In a month we'll see if we did an ok job. We'll see.

DakotaRules said:
Nice! Congrats! At least your manning up and growing a bread. Did it take the last year to grow it? Is that why you couldn't open? You needed to grow a brewers bread?!

Wow you've been drinking..... Beard you mean???? Brewers bread is something I like but I don't think you grow it

yeager1977 said:
Wow you've been drinking..... Beard you mean???? Brewers bread is something I like but I don't think you grow it

You quoted me before I changed it a minute later.

That's funny! The two guys who don't have a single hair on their sackage between them only focus on Capes beard. Its not that strange boys, lots of guys have body hair once they hit puberty. Maybe neither one of you two but that doesn't really surprise any of us.

I'm done for the day. Not a bad few days work considering I'm old, fat and did it all by myself.

image-4278824772.jpg

image-3086884831.jpg

image-3338082321.jpg

DakotaRules said:
Ha! They have to make beer first!

I have to defend cape here... I was at the brewery, and he had wort boiling on Saturday. Unless he just dumped it, I think he will have beer soon.....

Yeah... It was a banner first day at the brewery... Pur first visitor was Comcast and the second was Yeager.

We're taking that as an omen and shutting down the whole thing later this week

So, are you going to build a ramp or something to get the snowblower/tractor/brew-sculpture in and out of the shed? You going to run power out there?

You should have called me earlier, I could have come over for a while if I knew sooner. I can't now, have a ton of stuff to wrap before dinner at a friends house later. Next time.

A ramp is required. I have a riding mower and a ton of other heavy things that will live out there. Power is required, I'll probably run a feed from the pole instead of dealing with a trench from the cellar and having to worry about the sewer line and the driveway. Plus, with a panel in the shed I can set the compressor up out there permanently and jump off for other feeds into the yard.

A future project will be a sauna/steam shed over to the side of that shed. I'm toying with the idea of building a modified rocket stove with a steam generator in the combustion chamber as my heat source. If my welding skilz aren't up to the task ( as of now they're not) ill just use a wood stove with a pan of rocks on top.

Yes indeed, Happy Holidays to all, and here's hoping there's a lot less drama, chaos and carnage in 2013.

Cape, cool to see you're up and running! I actually kinda know a pro brewer! (That's gotta be worth something, right? ;) )

Cheers!

Merry Christmas from Bonaire, everyone! Cape, excellent job getting Bog Iron up and running - and PTN, I like your second picture - it looks like you've managed to incorporate your neighbor's chimney into your shed. Well played. Maybe you won't need to get a wood stove after all.

I'm off to go for a Christmas morning shore dive, and then we'll be having mamosa's overlooking the Caribbean. Hope the weather sucks back home!!

It's snowing here. Give Pat a Christmas kiss for me before you go for your dive in case something terrible happens while you're under water. You know, like you run out of air, or your regulator free flows or you get OxTox. Cause that would be tragic. Just tragic.

I was just told, "I put nice Christmas towels up in the bathroom, they're not for you to use."

Seriously?

Ugeth Urbina was released from prison today after serving 5 1/2 years for attempted murder. Maybe the Sox ought to try a re-do of the 100 anniversary Opening Day Celebration this spring and make sure ol' Uggy is there. It's not like the season could turn out any worse.

Baring that, maybe a one year contract. We could use a Strong Arm from the pen in the pen.

Spent a few hours at The Bog yesterday. Watched Matt, Cape and FW put batch #2 into the fermenter. Still working out minor bugs but those should be solved without too much difficulty. The learning curve is negotiable and they should have beer before too long. Unless they kill themselves (or each other) first. In the short time I was there Cape cut a finger and Matt almost concussed himself on the range hood and fell into the brew pot. And they weren't even drinking. Cape spent most of the time lounging in a chair while Matt scurried around weighing out hop additions.
Friends and Family Night threatened for the near future.

Back