Grain Group Buy - Mid Hudson Valley, NY, CT.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double-R said:
Anybody else want in...All are welcome, just think
Stouts,Stouts,Stouts...

Put me down for 1/4 or we could do 1/3 if we want to put this sack to bed with the 3 of us. .

Did someone say Imperial Russian Stout???!

Anyone oming north? I cld meet in Albany area? Will help with gas. Pk is just too far for me

ill be due south of you in Charlemont, Ma towards the end of July. thats not really close either though.

nice, buy is filling up, 6 sacks to go. at this rate we will have grain before july.

Just throwing this out there..... Ignore if silly
Split maybe 1/2 or in 1/4....

I would take a 1/4 if still available...

Thanks again..i will need to re-review my future brews to see what else imay need to order

Flaked barley ..that is

There is still 1/4 carapils and 1/4-1/2 rice hulls available.

once those splits are filled we are at 36 sacks.

updated accurate spreadsheet is now posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am3fjHLGll50dFluREJ0aW4zbWw2ZE1QeF9SMGFzR3c#gid=0

PM me with your email address and i will add you to the access list. This is also a way for me to gather your email addresses so i may communciate final bill and pickup address.

Im thinking we give it one more week, ill leave the buy open til Friday and then it will be closed, i will send everyone an email with my address for checks or email for paypal. After all payments are made i will place the order, for delivery towards the end of the first week of July.

Do you need email addresses to contact us about payment due, and where to send $$. If it's in POK can the payment be dropped off, in cash, to speed up process? Thanks for all the work.
Hilon
(HILOP in your list :)

Do you need email addresses to contact us about payment due, and where to send $$. If it's in POK can the payment be dropped off, in cash, to speed up process? Thanks for all the work.
Hilon
(HILOP in your list :)

yes, im collecting email addresses for two reasons, 1. to give you access to the spreadsheet that will show how much you owe and 2. so i have a way to communicate with you outside of this website.

if you want to drop off cash instead of check or paypal thats fine im home all the time.

reminder, Buy will close thursday night, i will be sending out totals and payment info on friday morning.

get any last minute order additions/changes in by tomorrow. there are a number of splits still open. see the first page of this thread.

1-GP-RICE (HULLS) (1/2-Christer, 1/4-k47k, 1/4-AVAILABLE) OPEN

Will take if still available

Done.

For those that are in on the Carapils.... there are three of you so far. do you want to split it in 1/3rds or do you want to cancel that sack?

All updates made. 39 sacks total.

3 sacks available if anyone wants to add anything.

reminder:

If you use paypal do not send the money as a gift, my paypal account will be suspended if you do this.

How do the splits work?
Who splits them or do they come split?

Hopefully delivery comes before July 7.
I will be out of town between 7-14. Will this be ok?

All sacks Come as whole sacks. If u are involved in a split bring some buckets (or whatever) to take your share home. I'll have a scale here.

Delivery will happen as soon as payments are in. Could be as early as Friday.

I got word that NCM does not have GW-2Row available. I will be subbing CM-2Row which is a little cheaper and a 55lb sack (vs. GW's 50lb sack).

The price will come out the same due to CM being a little cheaper, but more malt.

if you have a major issue with this ill need an email from you in the next few hours so i can update my documentation.

Ok, I have all payments but one. Grain will be delivered this Friday (tomorrow) sometime between 8am and 5pm. ill be available friday and part of saturday for pickup.

ill post here and text anyone whos given me a number when the order arrives.

The pickup address and my cell# is listed on the order spreadsheet (contacts tab).

Bad news: Shipping was more than estimated, they charged an extra $85 for residential delivery, they have not done this in the past.

Good news: i was able to secure 2nd tier pricing so the price difference is no more than $3 for per order. everyone should bring a few bucks to pickup to make up the difference.

Grain has arrived, give me a call, text or email to arrange pickup.

Im going to start another one up in a few days, i dont expect it to fill up until late fall (but you never know).

i have an extra sack of best Pilsner from this buy if anyone is interested. im not going to use it soon due to scheduling.

i have an extra sack of best Pilsner from this buy if anyone is interested. im not going to use it soon due to scheduling.

If ingchr1 doesn't take it, I may be interested in it as well if you're still willing to mule it to wherever you go in Moriches.

INGChris took the pilsner. I have started up a new buy though if you want to add sacks i can get them to east moriches fairly easily.

I will be opening up another buy in the next few weeks (sooner if there is interest)

if you are really in alfred you are awful far from the pickup location (poughkeepsie, Ny or New Milford, CT)

I will be opening up another buy in the next few weeks (sooner if there is interest)

if you are really in alfred you are awful far from the pickup location (poughkeepsie, Ny or New Milford, CT)

I go to college in Alfred. I live in Sullivan Co over the winter, and I go to Wappingers Falls once in a while to visit family. Hoping this group buy happens so I can stock up. About how much did shipping cost last time?

Would certainly be interested in 2 sacks on the net buy. Just got my mill in and could use some grain to crush.

Back