Igloo 7.2 Cubic Feet - Thermostat controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks to be odd shaped for a ~7cu ft freezer...most are wider and not quite as tall, however it may work jsut fine and the eztra height might negate the need to have a collar to use 4 kegs. As far as the controller goes, the ranco or johnson controllers work fine and can be had on ebay or online brew stores and are basically plug-n-play affairs. I personally use a Love brand controller, but it requires some woring on your part and a housing for the unit if you dont want it dangling. I would look at HD right now as They have magic chef brand freezers for $158 on the floor. I just picked up a GE 7.2cu ft for $159 on sale online monday with free delivery.

As one of the reviewers notes, and I forgot to add, the pictured model is the 5 sq. ft. version. I saw this version at the store as well so I know that the picture is extremely unhelpful. I'll have to upload a pic when it arrives.

The 7.2 cu. ft. version that I purchased had free shipping as well.

I'll look for the ranco controller to compare prices. I've found the Johnson for about $90, but was hoping to find something similar for slightly less $ if possible.

Depends on how much accuracy you want...the manual johnson controllers(not the digital eradout ones) are closer to the $50ish mark.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002EAL58/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
I think I paid $40 for my Love temp controller, $5 for the temp probe, and another $15 for the stuff like a cord, a box and an outlet to pluf the freezer into...I did however have to wire mine up which saved a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back