1st brew with new keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onescalerguy

Reaction score
You gotta love upgrades!First brew today with new pseudo single tier sculpture.
2 kettles on 2 burners with cooler mash tun in between.Got a pump coming and weldless valve assemblies for both pots.I like the newly made .5BBL keggle for boiling as it doesn't seem to want to boil-over like my 15gal pot that i have been using.We max out the system to get 12 gals.
Cheers:mug:

Ó Flannagáin said:
Using my keggle for the first time tommorow! I bet it feels great. NO BOIL OVERS!! :D :D

That's awesome! Nothing like taking a new peice of brewery equipment for its maiden voyage! Have fun! :mug:

Ó Flannagáin said:
Using my keggle for the first time tommorow! I bet it feels great. NO BOIL OVERS!! :D :D
Don't kid yourself. I boiled-over two 5g batches in a row this past summer in a keggle. You still very much have to keep an eye on your keggle while it's getting near boiling.

Evets said:
Don't kid yourself. I boiled-over two 5g batches in a row this past summer in a keggle. You still very much have to keep an eye on your keggle while it's getting near boiling.

Good to know. Hopefully won't have to babysit it for the entire boil like usual though. ... sorry for the hijack :D

Evets said:

You got that right. I recently did 2 brews without foam control and the wort got to the top of my keggle before I reduced the heat to get it down.

+1. It's still a very real possibility. I'm not sure whether it's my keggle, or my banjo burner ( I keep it on low) but I notice I evaporate quite a bit of water. Anyone else experience this?

BTW, upgrades DO rock. Just wait til you get your pump (don't forget to prime it completely, or it won't work) !

Here's some pics...i think.Maybe someone can display them.
brewview.jpg
[/IMG]

newboilkeggle.jpg
[/IMG]

boilboil.jpg
[/IMG]

Back