My wife is leaving me....also

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landhoney

Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack, and was really going to post this b/f I saw FSR402's post.

I've been putting the cart b/f the horse lately in terms of my brewing experience, and want to crank out 4 easy/hard to mess up brews while the cats away:
1. Ed Worts Haus Ale
2. Denny Conn's Rye IPA
3. Rogue Hazelnut Nectar Clone
4. ?????
What do you guys think about those and what should the 4th be, no apfelwein b/c I'm up to my ears in apple stuff at work?

Definitely a sign you're a homebrewer that the first think you think when you wife leaves is,"What am I gonna brew?" not, "Where the h**kers at?";)

You could brew a Hooker Beer clone. :D

THB007L.jpg

Yeah, a nice irish redhead...I mean Irish Red might be nice while the wife is away. As to the h**kers making my beer, what do they know about it - they should stick to doing what they know how to do best, right? :rockin:

landhoney said:
I didn't want to hijack, and was really going to post this b/f I saw FSR402's post.

Definitely a sign you're a homebrewer that the first think you think when you wife leaves is,"What am I gonna brew?" not, "Where the h**kers at?";)

Yeah sure you were... :D

But I know how you feel.
The other night I was asking her what days she's going to be gone and making notes of it. She asked "what, are you figuring out what dates you are going on?"
I said "yup, with my brew pot".:D

Yeah my wifes gone with child this weekend as well . Can you say --double brew day ! 10 gal of Razpberry Hef and 5 gal of Belgian Wit....

dantodd said:
go with a nice stout.

Sorry to answer the actual question....

have fun.

It happens a lot, I appeciate the shtick as well as the real advise/answers. I have a stout fermenting now, and one bottle condtioning - so I need something else? Haven't decided yet, I'll know it when I see it.

landhoney said:
It happens a lot, I appeciate the shtick as well as the real advise/answers. I have a stout fermenting now, and one bottle condtioning - so I need something else? Haven't decided yet, I'll know it when I see it.
I have a vote for a big high gravity IIPA.:rockin:

That's what I think I'm going to do, along with a APA.

BadKarma said:
One word...........................WHEAT!!!!!!!!

Fruit, no fruit....................lots of choices!

Ditto. I just kegged Dude's Watermelon Wheat on Monday (four days ago) and SWMBO is already concerned that it won't last long (we had friends over last night). She is actually encouraging me to brew another batch ASAP. She doesn't always appreciate my beers, but with this one I've found a winner. If you can provide something for her to appreciate she may be more lenient about your hobby.

Good luck to ya. :mug:

Well 4 batches has turned into 5 and I have all Sat. and 1st half of Sunday:
1. Rogue Hazelnut Clone
2. Denny Conn's Rye IPA
3. Belgian Quad(Stron Dark) - ever since having Westvleteren 12 I have decided to brew this style regulalry until I come close to theirs, this will be the first attempt
4. Jamil Z's Sour Flanders Red
5. Beligian Sour Brown - using Ingelmunster Yeast(3822) the LHBS guy convinced me to buy b/c it was his last one -OK he didn't really twist my arm or anything;) . It says it a tart finish, but I may have to add the Roeselare lambic blend like in the Flanders Red, we'll see.

I'm really excited about all of them, but the sour beers are really calling my name. I was going to cut the rogue hazelnut to lighten the load but I had already made the starter.
Anyone used the Ingelmunster or it used to be called Dutch Castle, 3822?

Damn dude, you're more ambitious then me.
I'm just doing a 10 gallon today and a 5 gallon tomorrow.

You had better get a move on, that's a lot-o-beer. :tank:

2 Down, 3 to go!:ban: Tomorrow's going to be a killer. So today was the hazelnut clone and the sour brown w/the ingelmunster(I bought it semi-inflated and LHBS assured me it was fine, tried to smack it, no luck, opened and the nutrient pack was not popped, oh well-in it went, I've got back-ups if it doesn't start up) Everything went smoothly, hopefully tomorrow will go just as well.

FSR402 said:
Good to hear yours went well. Mine went good also 79% efficiency on my first AG brew.. :rockin: :mug:

Wow, first all grain and great efficiency, very nice. I am about to mash batch number 4 now. I might not get to finish #5 b/f my wife will be get back. I wanted to finish b/f so my time wouldn't be divided but oh well. Last batch will be the IPA, I changed the hop schedule so they're all super late hop additions(12min, 8min, 3min, and FO&DH) but the IBU's are the same as Denny listed.

Back