Is this going to be a major problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schubes24

Reaction score
Just went to bottle my 2nd beer, and when I racked it to the bottle bucket, I realized that I had only topped it up to 4 gallons in the primary. Does anyone know how this will affect my beer, and also, should be concerned about bottle bombs with more priming sugar in each bottle?

i would say that you might want to worry about bottle bombs. though i haven't had one yet (knock on wood), but i'm consistently worried about. someone else with more experience might be able to tell you better though

your beer may be a bit stronger and heavier thought. alcohol and body wise though. should still be drinkable though. your fine. rdwhahb!

If it was 5 oz. of corn sugar for priming, then you would have ended up with 2.7 vols. of CO2 for 5 gallons. With it being 4 gals, you ended up with 3.15 Vols.

Not enough to worry about, like passed said. It'll just be a little more carbed than normal.

Latest posts

Back