Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue Line Brewing Company

blue_line.png

(Thanks to Yuri for help with the graphics!)

(Thin) Blue Line is a term for police officers and departments. There are a couple different theories/thoughts on the meaning of the term....

1. A thin line (of police officers) is the only thing that prevents society from turning into chaos.

2. The blue line represents the band of police officers across the world, who stand together as brothers and sisters to protect the weak and innocent. The blue line is generally posted on a black background and the black background represents all fallen officers.

When I started brewing a buddy at work suggested Blue Wall Brewing (Blue wall representing the "code of silence" amongst officers). I decided to go with the Blue Line cause I thought it sounded better!

I just started brewing recently but I've landed on Full House Brewery. I have a set of twin boys (5) and a set of triplets (girl, girl, boy) who are 2. Thus 3 of one age and two of another quite literally equal a full house. I'm working the poker theme on my labels and brews. I just bottled a chocolate stout I named 'Busted Straight'.

Lousy Rock Brewing Co. here.

Named for the one lousy rock that sticks out from the rest in the harbour in Heart's Content, Newfoundland. Spent many summers there as a child.

YORK BLUFF BREWING...name of the town of sheffield al. Andrew Jackson crossed the river @york bluff during the civil war and remarked that this area would be an excellent place for a town, he contacted the u.s.land bureau and they laid out the boundries for what is now the town of Sheffield al. and the river boat is the Memphis Queen. riverboats found that it was too dangerous to navagate the "muscle shoals" so this is as far as the boat came before it had to turn around.

Blue Line Brewing Company

blue_line.png

(Thanks to Yuri for help with the graphics!)

(Thin) Blue Line is a term for police officers and departments. There are a couple different theories/thoughts on the meaning of the term....

1. A thin line (of police officers) is the only thing that prevents society from turning into chaos.

2. The blue line represents the band of police officers across the world, who stand together as brothers and sisters to protect the weak and innocent. The blue line is generally posted on a black background and the black background represents all fallen officers.

When I started brewing a buddy at work suggested Blue Wall Brewing (Blue wall representing the "code of silence" amongst officers). I decided to go with the Blue Line cause I thought it sounded better!

I come from a LEO family. I like your name and would drink your beer in a heartbeat.

Not sure If I've posted this but..

I've always felt that chaos was the determining factor in most everything.
Life, love and brewing to be specific.

We could add the same ingredients to any fermentation vessel and get different results. That is Chaos. Randomness. Fate. Destiny.

it is also the name of my WoW guild. No particular reason, except that it fits the personality of the guild members.

There is something on the horizon... it makes us think, it makes us worry.. it makes us re-assess our values... chaos is brewing.

BREWDIMUS PRIME BEERS

My name is Rudi. My friends call me Rudimus or Rudimus Prime (Like Rodimus Prime) sometimes, because I love Transformers.

So going from Rudimus to BREWDIMUS wasn't a big step.

I don't have a logo yet because I'm not very good at brewing yet. :) But someday I will own a brewpub and we will serve Brewdimus Prime Beers on tap every night, and I invite you to come by.

:D

My brewery is named after my black german shepherd dog- Zauber, I call it Black Dog Brewing.

There was a Black Dog Brewery in Whitby, England, but they closed in 2001 and re-opened in 2006 only to close again :(

BlackDogLogo.gif

The bats are due to the link between Dracula and Whitby

Not sure if this thread is still going, but my 2 cents:

Skewed Ales is a take on the ending of my last name. My heritage is Romanian and a lot of names end in "escu."

Four Day Brewing

As a firefighter I have 4 days off in a row.....these are my brewing days......only when all the "other" stuff is finished. I do make time to brew as often as possible. Ideas for a logo? Any and all are welcome.

Driddy, man you could go nuts with the fireman seal! just change the words to your 4 day and perhaps add a mash paddle, etc...

Sometimes I think that the Maltses Cross has been over used.....but I'm sure it has to be incorporated in some way. I was hoping to come up with something unexpected.

hey....at least a great name for a brew........Maltose Cross Cream Ale. I'll put it on the list! Hey....you're good!

BTW...been brewing now since 2006 and i have just now found this site. So far......Simply AMAZING!

I love the Dead and have always loved their version of Deep Ellum Blues, so I decided to make a pun of it, Deep Ellum Brews. All the beers are song titles, I try to find some sort of relevance in them...

Morning Dew - IPA
Lady With A Fan - Cinnamon Coffee Smoked Porter
Jack Straw - Rye Pale Ale
Chaina Cat Sunflower - India Brown Ale spiced with Chai

I just started working on a website, you can check it out at brewery.toddeberwine.com

I love the Dead and have always loved their version of Deep Ellum Blues, so I decided to make a pun of it, Deep Ellum Brews.

Just for trivia, you know Deep Ellum is like the nightclub district in Dallas, right?

That would be an awesome name for a Brewpub in Deep Ellum TX

Just for trivia, you know Deep Ellum is like the nightclub district in Dallas, right?

That would be an awesome name for a Brewpub in Deep Ellum TX

Yeah, but Deep Ellum isn't what it used to be. The Red Jacket closed, it's gotten rough. Anyway I digress.

My brewery is the Kass Brauhaus--not very interesting but we get to use the coat of arms. I have fun with the beer and wine names. Some highlights:

Cockpit CabSav and Pilothouse Pinot (Like Jewbeard all my wines have nautical themes)
Ersten Märzen "First brew"
Upsloper - named after the nasty winter storms that come from the east and slam into the mountains here.

I am a freak, if im not here im playing WoW and i named mine after the two headed ogres

Twin Orgre Brewing Co

cheers

I went with simple, plain, and to the point name. I call mine "Bean Family Brewing"... My better half is always giving me a helping hand when needed. My oldest daughter loves hanging out with dad brewing in the garage on Saturday nights. My youngest daughter is always running fetching things for dad. And to top it all off.... my mom was over for dinner tonight and showed up just in time for bottling. Good ole mom hopped right in and took over the bottle filling duty.

It has indeed turned into a "Family Affair"....lol

Mine is named for the Ice fishing I like so much and I am a bit of an a##hole. A kind fellow on this forum designed the logo for me.

Tiger Piss Brewery. I love the LSU Tigers and have a group of friends that come over to watch (and drink of course) football, basketball, baseball, field hockey, ping pong, whatever sport is in season at LSU at the time.

I think I'm gonna go with Blue Shed Brew Co.

After spilling 5 gallons of fermented beer during a bottling mishap, I've been thrown out of the house for all things brewing...

Off to my shed...

I think I'm gonna go with Blue Shed Brew Co.

After spilling 5 gallons of fermented beer during a bottling mishap, I've been thrown out of the house for all things brewing...

Off to my shed...

Oh my... Did the bucket tip over or something?

I was in a near fatal dirtbike accident 2 years ago. Amongst my many injuries was a compound fractured pinky. It has since healed but is stuck in the bent position and when the surgeon set it, he set it off axis; so it turns inward a bit.

When I throw up the horns to rock out or just show approval, they are a bit crooked. :rockin:Thus...............

I just realized I have never posted in here....

I spent 3 of my formative years living in the Netherlands (3-6yrs old). I have very fond memories of this time and while there I really liked Kabouters or Gnomes. A famous Dutch Painter named Rein Poortvliet made a book with detailed drawings and stories/documentaries about the life of gnomes. It is a great coffe table book and I still have it and read it occasionally.

Anyway, I am short and generally like the way of life and stories of the gnomes so I have a few gnome things. I just like them, plus they are funny.

I also live in an old farmhouse that I am renovating in the country.

Thus, Brouwerij Boerderij Kabouter was born... The Farmhouse Gnome Brewery.

Name_Plate_900x173.png

My wife has a thing for little white fluffy lap dogs. We've had three over the last dozen years.

I only brew ales, at least for the last 6 years. *shrug* Lagers don't do it for me I guess.

Anyway, White Dog Aleworks kinda fits.

I'm thinking about Lytle Custom Brews. Me and my family are always trying something new and different in commercial beers, so I try to mimic that with my brews.
<EDIT> Bench Top Brewery it is.

I call my little setup "Vermont St. Brewery" for the time being. Mainly because I live on Vermont ave., but Vermont Avenue Brewery doesn't roll as easily off your tongue... sooo therefore the change to Vermont st. was necessary. Whats really funny is that when I moved in, we thought that we would have a nice bar in the basement and I toyed with the idea of making a sign for the side door that said Vermont st. Pub. I hadn't started brewing beer yet, (it would be alomst 1 year before I even thought of doing it actually), and somehow the name kinda stuck. If I ever finish the bar in the basement the sign above the door will read "Vermont St. Pub and Brewery".

Ahhh... to dream a dream. :)

I call mine BFF Brewery - Beer Fer ****sakes

Mainly because my friends are always asking what kind of beer it is. My response is, "It's Beer Fer ****sakes, shut your face and drink it.":D

Back