Making wine in India

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just joined & a novice at wine making. Does anyone know of an outlet for winemaking kits in India, I am in Goa. Crushing all of those grapes manually is very time consuming, tedious worlk !

Is there anything I can substitute fresh grapes or grape concentrate with ? I like dry fruity wine, can't stand it sweet.

Can I use my juicer if I first clean the grapes & remove all of the stalks ?

Thanks

I don't know of a source for wine kits in India, but you can definitely make wine from whatever fruits and juices you have! I have some recipes for wines in my recipe drop down, under my avatar, like banana wine and apple juice wine that are very good.

You can use a juicer, but you'll lose some of the flavor that comes from fermenting on the skins.

Good luck and let us know if you need any help!

Thanks for your advice.

I really would like to stick with grapes if possible. If I juiced seedles grapes couldn't I then just add the pulp & skins again for fermentation ?

Cheer's

I'm not very familiar with winemaking but I lived in Egypt for a while and similarly had few resources but I rigged up some brewing equipment there with minimal resources. Bread yeast is often easily accessible and can be used to ferment various juices. I used cherry juice and also looked at some mead (honey) with figs. From my understanding with wine, the skins do provide additional flavor profile but can be done without.

Back